IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week to book an in-person interview. I was interviewed by one interviewer. The interview was very friendly, told me to relax, and spent a good amount of time describing the work and role of the intern, so it felt more like a conversation and less like an interrogation. I was asked some basic technical questions about Python, the Linux shell and databases. I was also asked to describe some of my past software experiences and questioned as to how I would handle certain situations when working in a team or certain issues related to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tuple and a list in Python? How would you sort a list in Python? How would you remove an element from a list in Python? How would you remove all duplicates from a list in Python? How would you run code written in one script from another script in Python?   Answer Question
    • If team member is not doing his job or getting things in on time, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you are stuck on a problem what would you do? If you've asked everyone you can and searched all you can online, then what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you've had to teach a new concept to a team member. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

[1 online coding challenge ~ 4 hrs] -> [1 online technical 1:1 ~ 1 hr] -> [1 online manager behavioral 1:1 ~ 0.5 hrs]. Overall it's relaxed and the online technical interview is probably the most decisive factor.

Entry Level Business Consultant/IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bedford, NS (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very positive but lengthily , the SAP team were looking to hire more people.They were somewhat ,not accommodating with my other work schedule so it was a difficult timeline that I was dealing with , I went through 3 interviews, and my application was discontinued after the 3rd interview. However I asked if I could apply again to another department that I can fit in since I have some technical IT experience and bank experience.The recruiter told me she couldn't guarantee me another interview in another department even though they are hiring year round, it left me confused about the opportunities there.I found it baffling that they never gave emails or business cards at campus events whilst other firms did. They wont inform you on the second interviewer which is another bizarre thing. Disappointing with the outcome however as the position did not need any IT expertise and I had knowledge on SAP itself.

Interview Questions

• They asked me the same behavioral questions for both interviews ,as to why I wanted to join IBM.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screening after manager got my resume, manager asked some questions based on my resume and some technical questions. 1 week later, I got an online Coding Challenge which requires to be completed within 5 days.

Business Operations Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 hours in total, 1 interviewer.
    1 hour getting to know the position, company, interviewee.
    1 hour doing multiple tests in different languages. About 10 minutes each, mostly on language syntax. They leave you alone for this one.
    1 hour learning as you go excel assignment on a computer they provided. You can search for formula and solutions online.

Interview Questions

• Recursively output to console the Fibonacci sequence (Javascript)   Answer Question

Applications Architect, ECM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online with employee's referral, attended 3 interviews; the first was with a manager from the team, then technical interview with senior team member, then HR interview.
    The entire process took around 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Questions about data caching and synchronization on threads level and on JVM level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a specific salary range for each level, so there is a limited margin for the salary negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Entry Level Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Three and a half weeks after applying, I got an email with a request to do an online interview within 3 days. The first two coding problems were not too bad but the third was brutal. Make a tic tac toe game in 90 minutes???! I find that to be quite a lot to ask for an entry level front end dev position. Also, I was told to have a webcam and microphone ready but never (to my knowledge) had to use them. I don't know if they were recording me without telling me though.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in December 2016.

Interview

one phone interview. The interviewer is the project manager from the department I applied for . He is nice .The questions he asked are very easy , but my english is not fluent . Sometimes I know the answer but cannot speak it out fluently . I guess that is the reason I failed the interview

Interview Questions

• some very basic java questions , and some basic server questions   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online through job portal, got a phone call to schedule interview, onsite interview about 45 minutes, received a phone call about a week later about interest (from recruiter), never got a follow-up since (early December 2016)

Interview Questions

• Asked about Java collections, OOP principles, design patterns, projects, experience, etc; Not overly technical more behavioral.   Answer Question