IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Atrocious experience: they invited me for a followup interview in locations very far from me and at specific time of days, and made no effort to accommodate. In fact, they were highly unresponsive throughout the entire process, even when I voiced my concerns. Worst interviewing experience by far, stay away.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous salary?   1 Answer

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 steps:

1. Career at Event at School - Meet and network with IBM professionals / HR. (Ask about the departments, the travel & introduce yourself)

2. Social Event - by invite only, with other candidates and IBM professionals (Research the departments beforehand and make sure you speak to those managers)

3. Interview with 2 employees from the department you have been considered for. (Behavioural, straight-forward. Think before you answer)

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your resume and how your experience can be applied to this position
      2. Scenarios with irate customers - how would you react?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but a competitive salary for entry-level

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was done online as a challenge with a few programming, problem-solving, and OOP questions. As I remember it, the challenge contains about 8 questions. If I remember correctly hey require you to explain what are you studying now and why, what new project are you working on, why do you think you are a beneficial choice for the position, and a few programming challenges. You are also required to explain your procedure for solving the challenges.

Sales Acceleration Tools and Demo Developer Interview

Application

Interview

I was asked to have a phone interview at the beginning of the week and then the PM proceeded to not respond to my emails of a interview date. I was sent an IPAT to complete to test basic cognitive ability and logical thinking. The interview process should have happened but did not.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a conventional resume. Technical, behavioral, and situational questions were asked. I first got a phone call to set up the interview by HR. No pre interview was done. Got hired the day after the interview.

For DB2 Development Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks after, received an email about completing the IBM Hiring Test (IBM CAT). The content of the test was numeric series and numeric reasoning. Upon completing this assessment, I received an email for a phone interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview of technical questions regarding C++.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

panel interview, difficult, wasnt really interested in knowing more about the candidate, only focused on telling the candidate about the company. questions include tell me about yourelf, asked about written communication. interviewers werent very friendly

Entry Level Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I received coding challenge after 2 days I applied. The coding challenge was more that 3 hours even though the email said the duration is about 2hr30mins. The coding challenge includes both behaviour and technical questions. There are three coding questions, you have 30mins, 60mins, 90mins accordingly to answer them.

Interview Questions

• The coding challenge includes both behaviour and technical questions. There are three coding questions, you have 30mins, 60mins, 90mins accordingly to answer them.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in September 2016.

Interview

There are mainly four stages. The first round would be an online assessment, which takes 2 to 3 hours to finish. After one month, then it will be a one hour Guru interview. Then next week, it's a one hour guide interview. The last round is the finish line event to match a team. The whole process is quite long, as you have to wait hr to arrange the interviews.

Interview Questions

• change the form of strings according to some requirements, find common managers,   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got an email from the manager for an interview. Was interviewed on site by 2 of my team members. Interview was easy, they were more concerned with fit than with knowledge as they train you in what you need to know once you join.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about IBM and what make you think you are a good fit here?   Answer Question