IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

412 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online through job portal, got a phone call to schedule interview, onsite interview about 45 minutes, received a phone call about a week later about interest (from recruiter), never got a follow-up since (early December 2016)

Interview Questions

• Asked about Java collections, OOP principles, design patterns, projects, experience, etc; Not overly technical more behavioral.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their online portal because I didnt have any recruiter around my region. After a month or so, got a phone screen interview with the hiring manager and senior java developer

Interview Questions

• lots of behavioural questions: what was the toughest technical challenge and how did you resolve it, have you ever taught someone something? tell me what you know about databases   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard 30 min interview. Applied for a testing qa internship. Asked about my side projects. 2 interviewers. Spent 10 min asking general questions and the remainder on technical questions. They asked about some of the challenges I've faced, what I would have done differently and so forth. I was also asked about the stack I chose, why I chose it, and other design decisions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would test a piece of code they wrote.   1 Answer

Compiler Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM in November 2016.

Interview

Was a phone interview and almost all the time she was explaining the three teams that she has, and the relationship between three teams and tells me that if the phone interview goes well then will have a face to face technic interview, then asked some questions about c++ and java. not a hard phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

IBM started with a few initial emails -- confirmations of interest, something about export validation. Then it went quiet for a few weeks before I was contacted out of the blue for a coding challenge -- a web-based, nonmonitored (but timed) coding test. After that, another 2 weeks passed before I received confirmation of a live video interview (not in-person). After that, they do a second interview, then additional paperwork and emails.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply at IBM?   1 Answer

Compiler Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Pleasant interview. The interviewer was super cool and spoke at length about the work and what would be expected, as well as the culture at IBM. We had a nice conversation before he started asking me proper interview questions, so I was relaxed by the time they started coming in, and was ready to tackle them.

Interview Questions

• What are some differences between C and C++?   1 Answer
    • What is a virtual function, and how does a compiler know what function to use at runtime?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a project on your resume.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in November 2016.

Interview

Multi levels, multi people interviews. They focused on the company, it's history, glory days and didn't have much to say about he challenges that lie ahead. I would have expected a bit more "corporate " approach from a company of this size.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Compiler Optimization Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Was told to take a cognitive test after a few days of applying. After a month I spoke to a project manager for an HR interview who was very nice. A week later I had a technical interview where I discussed with a programmer projects I worked on, he was also very nice and was genuinely interested in my work. After my technical interview I was emailed that I was not selected for the role and thanked for applying to IBM.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Explain the data structures used in your project.
      Hypothetically how would you allow end users to use your project in the future?   Answer Question

Senior Java Dev Interview

Interview

three rounds in total, very technical, coding is not intensive, but asked a lot of design questions... interviewers were very knowledgeable...