IBM Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.8

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Well. I just want to say it is too slow!!!! I finished the online coding challenging and waited for one month. Then a letter told me I passed and checked whether I was eligible to work. After one week, it told me I could scheduled an interview with a pro (YES, more than 5 weeks since I finished the online interview).

Interview Questions

• 1. how do you like IBM
      2. what tech are you working with currently, how do you like it
      8. what is polymorphism
      2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a social mixer that was quite casual and the aim was to show interest in a particular service line - impressing partners and senior consultants was the key. Then, I got an interview with people from the service line I was interested in. It was a behavioural, casual, with some brain teasers. Now, I'm waiting to get a response from them.

Interview Questions

• The difference between IBM consulting and Bain, BCG consulting   Answer Question

Compiler Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

A quick phone screen with very simple programming questions followed by an hour-long technical interview. Interviewers are nice, professional and very helpful in guiding an interviewee through the questions.

For the technical part, the hirevue platform was used. It is disliked by many but, in my case, it never really went in the way.

The interviewer did seem to know a great deal about his field and I was very impressed.

Great experience overall.

I/T Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Half an hour interviews with team manager and another half hour with team member. After 2 -3 week was contacted for a 2nd interview that discussed fit in the team lasted also half an hour.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended the information session at my university, make sure to meet and make an impression on the senior consultants as they will be the ones recommending you for the next round. Got invited to a mixer the week after, try and meet as many IBMers as you can (associate partners, recruiters, etc.). Received an interview request the week after, it was a 2 on 1 meeting with two senior consultants. It was extremely casual and conversational, understand your resume very well as they will nitpick from it to ask questions. They got back to me in 3 weeks with a rejection email.

Junior Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online, 3 conceptual questions were asked followed by 3 technical questions. The conceptual questions were mostly related to NLP, the technical, 2 of them weren't domain specific and the last one related to NLP.

Interview Questions

• Given a string representation of a dependency tree, implement code that would generate the sentence.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Atrocious experience: they invited me for a followup interview in locations very far from me and at specific time of days, and made no effort to accommodate. In fact, they were highly unresponsive throughout the entire process, even when I voiced my concerns. Worst interviewing experience by far, stay away.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous salary?   1 Answer

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 3 steps:

1. Career at Event at School - Meet and network with IBM professionals / HR. (Ask about the departments, the travel & introduce yourself)

2. Social Event - by invite only, with other candidates and IBM professionals (Research the departments beforehand and make sure you speak to those managers)

3. Interview with 2 employees from the department you have been considered for. (Behavioural, straight-forward. Think before you answer)

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your resume and how your experience can be applied to this position
      2. Scenarios with irate customers - how would you react?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but a competitive salary for entry-level

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was done online as a challenge with a few programming, problem-solving, and OOP questions. As I remember it, the challenge contains about 8 questions. If I remember correctly hey require you to explain what are you studying now and why, what new project are you working on, why do you think you are a beneficial choice for the position, and a few programming challenges. You are also required to explain your procedure for solving the challenges.

Sales Acceleration Tools and Demo Developer Interview

Application

Interview

I was asked to have a phone interview at the beginning of the week and then the PM proceeded to not respond to my emails of a interview date. I was sent an IPAT to complete to test basic cognitive ability and logical thinking. The interview process should have happened but did not.