IBM Consultant Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM Consultant Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Oct 11, 2016

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a social mixer that was quite casual and the aim was to show interest in a particular service line - impressing partners and senior consultants was the key. Then, I got an interview with people from the service line I was interested in. It was a behavioural, casual, with some brain teasers. Now, I'm waiting to get a response from them.

Interview Questions

• The difference between IBM consulting and Bain, BCG consulting   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process involved online application, followed by invite to a mixer (which acted as first round), followed by an in person second round interview with easy behavioural questions.
    Was quite odd that no cases were presented.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied on a whim my second time and ended up getting an e-mail from a recruiter to chat. Explained a lot about the program, asked some high-level questions, and clarified questions that I had. Invited me to interview that Friday. Had a one-on-one (or two) with a MP and AP. Lots of behavioural-based questions, but they did ask me about every single thing on my resume (including things I thought were inconsequential retail/school-related/etc. jobs/volunteering). Lasted around 30-45 minutes. Recruiter contacted me early the next week to take an aptitude test. Received the offer the week after.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Process was dragged out, each stage took longer than they said it would, and apart from the final interview not particularly involved. I had a phone screen followed by a quick group panel round with a group case and then a 1:1 interview with a partner. The phone screen was pretty straightforward (why IBM, tell me about yourself, etc.); the panel was trivia based, and the interview was unexpectedly long.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through an agency. got 1st interview in a week. interview lasted about 2.5 hours.
    Got notification of 2nd interview the next day.

Negotiation

no negotiation bc/z this was decided before applying for this position

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Met a recruiter at an event and was invited to an interview afterwards. Arrived at IBM with a group of other students (not all of them were in business) and we were put through some icebreakers. We were then led into a case analysis, where everyone was split into a team and was required to give a presentation. After some deliberation from the consultants, they chose several people to move on to 1-1 interviews. This interview as about an hour long and conducted by a senior consultant or partner.

Interview Questions

• The case competition portion. I was up against 11 other type A's and everyone was struggling to get a word in.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Attended a recruiting session held at my university. I managed to give my resume directly to one of the employees while networking. I also submitted an online application as it is a requirement. I was contacted 1 week later to attend a group case session at the IBM headquarters in Markham. The session had about 14 people and a 8 person panel. There was an icebreaker game to test candidate knowledge on the company and then we were split into groups of 4 to work on a case. We were only given 15 mins to make a recommendation and 3 mins to present it to the panel and other candidates. It was followed by a Q & A session with the panel and selected candidates were invited to an interview that followed immediately after. The interview was 1-on-1 and took about 45 mins. It was fairly straight-forward - most questions asked more detail about the jobs I had listed in my resume. If you make it to the next round, you would be contacted to complete an online assessment test. I was contacted 1 week after doing the test about an offer. The entire process took about 4 weeks up to the point of receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment was the hardest stage as each question had a time limit of 2.5 mins.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The terms were above what I had expected and I was applying as an entry-level position with no previous work experience in that field.