IBM Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
1. Initial screening was done over phone.
2. Technical interview was taken by manager.
3. One video round through Hirevue.
4. One HR round. He asked few basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was done and the salary offered was as per the market standards.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

The stages are first you go for an assessment centre and you're part of a group of 12. There are other groups of 12s before and after you. You're given a range of tasks to complete and once you pass the assessment centre, you're invited for a final assessment centre plus 1 on 1 interview at the next stage.

Interview Questions

• We were placed in a group of 4 applicants along with a panel of 4 IBM employees to assess us. It was then Apprentice style, that we were given a scenario. The scenario was "imagine you're organising an event for a large client we've just won, a bank. How do you go about organising this?". It's then up to the team to delegate responsibilities such as person A, will do the decor, person B will be responsible for food and drink etc... Once responsibilities have been established, each person is then asked questions by a panel of 4. For instance, if you're responsible for food and drink, a question asked was "how much percentage of alcohol will you have compared to non-alcoholic?".   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

stringent and difficult - online application asking a range of quesitons about team work and communcation skills and the like. followed by phone interview. followed by whole day of interviews and team activities and finally another interview with a senior member of the org

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly taxing. All very personality based   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was selected for an interview on campus. It was the only and final round interview. It consisted of two 45- minutes behavioral interviews and one 45- minute "case" interview. The case isn't a typical "case" interview as Case-In-Point details. Instead, you're given a scenario on paper and then have 10 minutes to yourself to answer 6 questions that are written below the scenario. Then, you are given 5ish minutes to explain to the case interviewer your solution and thoughts. Overall, a great experience and I felt really excited about the opportunity coming out of the interview. All of the interviewers were very passionate about their jobs, and IBM is a fantastic company. IBM got back to me with an offer in 3 days. Very quick turn around.

Interview Questions

• Modified Case interview
      Behavioral interviews (classic "tell me about a time when..." questions)
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Telephonic,technical,Hr Interview and Manager for technical
    have to be technically very strong for which ever domain is working
    Answers should be very specific and clear.
    should have technically strong.
    strong with the basics and strong foundation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was ok..there were two rounds of interview... but it took months to get offer rolled out... very long time...which was really frustrating...more than 2 months to complete full process

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was professional and upto the mark !! Hr discussed all the terms of agreement nicely !!
    interview time was managed properly avoiding wastage of time !! overall the interview experience was good .

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join ibm?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Good process, From Interview call letter to complete the Interview, RMG team has been very good, polite, and nice assistance. It was a nice experience. Entire process was completed in 3 days only. There are 6 rounds, 3 Technical, communication, and HR etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very helpful in getting common factor while negotiations.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

it is very difficult , but as per me its a best place to work and build career .aptitude , hr round , gd , then technical that would suck . but guys work hard you will be pass .

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online tests which were quite difficult, first round interverview had more tests and some people were let go mid way through. Assessment centre had a number of activities and more interviews. Final interview was 1-1 and quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why IBM, Why Consulting, When have you worked in a team.   Answer Question