IBM Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The overall interview process was not too challenging. The interviewers were laid back and made you feel relaxed when asking you the questions/scenarios. It was a one day, 3 interview experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews- two behavioral and one case. Interviewed on campus with two alums and another CBD-er. All seemed very nice... Recruiter said we would hear back in a few weeks (not necessarily the case)... Never heard back from them. Even emailed the recruiter and she never responded. Applied to two other jobs and I was rejected

Interview Questions

• There was a case study about a pizza shop with stagnant profits   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

One super day on campus - 3 back to back behavioral interview. I heard back a month and a half later which was annoying and it took even longer to get my actual documented offer instead of just a verbal one on the phone. But in the end, they gave me a higher salary than the verbal offer so I was okay with it haha.

Interview Questions

• One time you worked on a team and ran into some difficulties with other team members.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in October 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple - I submit the application through my college and was offered an in person interview which was their Super Day. This consisted of 3 rounds, including a case study. I heard back within a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews with senior managers. Asked for general details on background and relevant experiences. Probed leadership and specific work deliverables. Not a difficult interview if one is familiar with their background details.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

30 minutes, discussed ambitions and potential fit for the role. Went over resume, interviewed alongside a number of other candidates which could be intimidating. Applied online and was selected to participate in interview, made to second round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was telephonic, more technical around 30 min. After that 1-1 discussion at IBM premises with HR. Released the offer letter.
    It was great experience.
    Most of the the technical questions were around how to configure a particular scenario.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

In one day, there were three 30 minute interviews back-to-back. One was a case interview, and 2 were behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews asked normal questions. After, I received my offer ~1 month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why IBM? Why consulting? Tell me a time when you worked on a team.
      For the case, our client is launching a new IT project, we can do option A or B. Option A is cheaper but takes longer (with more details), and option B is more expensive but we can get it done faster. Which Option would you choose? How would you go about implementing this new technology so that people adapt with the change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Big class room experience, broken out with small 3 one on one interviews. Group activity with 3-4 other people and presented recommendations to a panel. They wanted to see how well you work with people and the ideas you come up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Entire process kind of straight forward. First assisment, then video interview, then phone interview.. better in a good place and wear a suit. Video interview will give you 5 questions. Each has 2 mins to think and 3 mins to answer.

Interview Questions

• How technology can help customer?   1 Answer