IBM Consultant Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.9

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview with an introduction of what they do and what IBM does, then ask about whether I know about this position. Then there are resume based questions and relevant experience questions. No behaviorals, but there are 2 case problems. Simple though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral questions and some case study questions were given to me. It was a pretty easy process and I had to talk about my background and walk through my thought process for the case

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 3 30-minute interviews over a 90-minute period, each one with a different person (2 behavioral interviews, 1 case interview). All three were very reasonable in terms of questions asked, and the case wasn't bad. All of the interviewers and representatives were really nice and helpful throughout the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with other members on a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application online, and then forgot about it. One day I got a call from IBM internal recruiter introdcing a position which was not what I applied for initially. After the initial screening with the recruiter, I had a phone interview with one of the manager. After the phone interview, I was invited for an onsite interview. The scheduling of travel and lodging is smooth and painless. The onsite interview process is actually quite usual, except a few schedule changes.

Interview Questions

• Asked to conduct mini-case study which is a major part of the interview with every interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Questions

• The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy process. Phone screen then interview in office -- 3 30 minute interviews. Whole thing took several months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Was contacted in August for a resume drop, then contacted again in September for interviews. Flown out to NYC office for interviews in late September. Interviews lasted only one morning, consisting of 1 case and 2 behavioral. My interviewer for the case was very unprepared and was looking up her case while I gave my "tell me about yourself" talk. Behavioral interviews were pretty standard. After the interview, I was told decisions would not be made until November. In the first week of November I was emailed saying I was still under consideration. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, I emailed the recruiter and was replied to with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of an idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Three interviews: behavioral, case, and a general fit. Process was done through my university career center. Interviewers were friendly, questions were standard. Two weeks elapsed before I was notified of hiring decision. The process was smooth overall and obviously one that IBM is intimately acquainted with.

Interview Questions

• Strategy question about increasing market share of a Chinese manufacture of a battery for electric cars.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply through campus recruitment program. Sat for personality and intelligence test (online).
    Invited for interview in 2 weeks.
    5 one-on-one interviews in a row, ranging from hiring managers to country managers.
    Total recruitment time: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How does IBM stack up against its competitors in database technology@   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. market