IBM Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

IBM Consultant Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Dec 19, 2016

3.4

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online, then you have to do IPAT tests. The tests are okay, one was heavily numerical with problem solving tests and the other involved some sequences. I managed to pass the test but I did not get past the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consultant Interview

Interview

A typical case study and CV questions. The case study was about a brewery that wanted to become digital and they had a problem to figure out some missing beer bottles at their warehouse.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in order to increase the profit of a client   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initially a phone interview was scheduled several times. There was confusion between the UK application centre and the India recruiting team and the US organisation. Eventually when I had the face to face interview, it was very humanistic - with genuine interest in what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Detailed review of past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in the negotiation phase

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Begin with an online submission of typical information e.g. CV and required to answer some competency-based questions as well.
    Then, I was invited to finish an online logical test which consists of spotting the sequence etc which I think is harder comparing with other normal logical test. After that, I was required to do 2 more online tests (verbal and numerical tests) which have no surprise and very easy.
    After a week or so, I got invited to the AC and it was straight forward and it was a nice experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online tests which were quite difficult, first round interverview had more tests and some people were let go mid way through. Assessment centre had a number of activities and more interviews. Final interview was 1-1 and quite relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why IBM, Why Consulting, When have you worked in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

First I sent my CV and Cover letter. They asked me to fill in a document full of general questions. After a couple of days they sent me a link to access a website and complete a test. I had about a week to do it. This test had a numeric sequences part and a general math part. I practiced with a couple of examples I found online and found the general math part ok but the some of the sequences were pretty hard (also, with a 2 minute countdown for each one, the pressure is on!). Again, after a couple of days I was invited to assessment center in their HQ in London. There we were a group of 30 people and we were split in groups to attend a logical problem session and a product presentation session. I knew what was expected of me but it was quite a competitive environment among peers. The problems were not that hard but with the juris sitting at the table with you, to stand out you'd have to show off a bit and try to coordinate the team or say out loud what you're trying to do. It's not a very natural process. During product presentation I felt the same, everyone is going for the spotlight and you have just 20 minutes. If you're not that type of person probably you won't make it.

Interview Questions

• Two sessions. The first was a logical problem to solve as a team. The second a presentation of a product, also as a team. The logical problem was pretty much like the famous Einstein logical puzzle, with some interesting features for group dynamics. The product presentation was quite simple but with so many people on the team and not so much information you either get to talk about what the data gives you or you better be ready to make something up and stand your ground.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviews, Assessment centres and online test. Starts with an online test that is mostly logic and numerical sequences. The test takes about an hour to complete, questions are made to get progressively harder as you get further into the test. Assessment centres focus on your team working ability throughout a number of case study and problem questions. Interviews are competency based asking for examples to each quality that IBM look for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

stringent and difficult - online application asking a range of quesitons about team work and communcation skills and the like. followed by phone interview. followed by whole day of interviews and team activities and finally another interview with a senior member of the org

Interview Questions

• Nothing was particularly taxing. All very personality based   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Interview

Online application, followed by telephone interview and assessment centre (three interviews and group exercise). The process was well-structured and a good deal of context was given about the firm at each stage. The initial telephone interview focussed on identifying broad skills overlap with the firm and determining rapport. The assessment centre then probed more deeply, testing team work, presentation, analytical and communication skills and assessing capabilities from a business and technical point of view.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions are very thorough and probe a wide range of practical expertise. it's important to have plenty of practical examples to mention and to be able to explain them clearly and simply.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM.

I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed.

I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.