IBM Consulting By Degree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Consulting By Degree Interview Questions

2.9

Consultant By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1 round, 3 different interviewers. 2 behavioral, 1 case. Behavioral questions are fairly easy and shouldn't be anything you haven't seen before. The case isn't too bad either, usually given by someone senior in the company.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through a project from the start to execution.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was on campus and included just three interviews, two behavioral and one case interview. The case interview was a bit ambiguous and was meant to understand your way of thinking about getting to a solution versus one's mathematical savy-ness. The interviews were 45 minutes each with various representatives from the company. I heard back in 2 weeks from the interview about getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IBM and what drew you to it versus other companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

At the in person interview you are screened by at least 3 employees. They will strive to have at least one interview with the head of the program so that she may get to know you. The 2nd interviewer will be a former program graduate who, you as an applicant may ask questions about the program. And the 3rd interviewer will request you do a case study problem that you may encounter as a consultant on the job. The entire process was about 20-30 minutes with each interviewer and less then 2 hours in total including the wait.

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with HR and heard back within a week regarding a "super day" interview, which consisted of 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. The interviewers, whom some of them were in the same program while others had been consultants for decades, all seemed very tired and bored. I thought one of the interviewers was falling asleep during my first behavioral interview, and another interviewee confirmed this with me later too. The case study was fairly to the point, but the interviewer was very cold and rude.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding team effort and leadership. A few "tell me about a time when [...]" questions. No too difficult technical questions that surprised me.   1 Answer

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens/interviews by recruiters, mostly asking about why you're interested in consulting, why you're interested in IBM, and whether you're willing to travel as needed. Then an invitation to in-person interviews, which constituted the final round interviews. The in-person interviews lasted one hour: a 30 minute behavioral interview followed by a 30 minute case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to teach something to someone   Answer Question

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Interview

I had two 45-minute interview sessions. The first one was behavioral, which was very casual and friendly. The second one was a case study in which not much was given to you but you have to extract as much as you can in order to come up with a solution. The interviewer was very cold and purposely pressured me by looking at his watch and giving me confused looks. I think this was done on purpose but it definitely got in my head.

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

One day of interviews; set of 3 30-minute with one case study. It was rather laid-back and conversational. The three interviews were behavioral with one relying on a case study for most of the duration of the 30 minutes. All interviewers were consultants and had background with CbD.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to reach a goal. Most were behavioral and not very difficult.   4 Answers

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

two fit interviews and one case study. basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. The interviewers were really friendly and were basically just reading the questions off of a sheet and only wanted short answers. Only asked questions that you would expect. Nothing strange and no brain teasers

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The super day assessment center was three interviews
    -The first was a case. It was simpler than the Case In Point questions
    -The second were "give me a time when you did x" questions
    -The third was basically a walk through your CV. Know it back to front and be able to answer any and all questions about your CV

Interview Questions

• -If I hired you right now and you started tomorrow, what type of project would you want to work on and why?
      -What impact do you think 'the cloud' on IBM's direction as a firm
      Answer Question

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Really easy process. 1 day of three interviews. 2 behavioral and 1 case. Takes a couple of weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you created something innovative.   Answer Question