IBM Interview Questions in Dublin, OH | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Dublin, OH

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email in late September to setup a phone interview with the manager of the department. During this first phone interview, he did most of the talking, just telling me about what they did and what they needed. He then asked me tell him about my experiences and asked about my thoughts about the company. Honestly, I was floored that I had gotten a call from the IBM! A couple weeks later I had another phone interview with the first persons manager, it went pretty much the same as before. After this interview, we setup a time for me to interview in person. During the in-person interview, I meet with the manager first and then the team I would be working with. The manager just asked basic software development interview questions, along with some more specific to there case. I then was interviewed by the team, approximately 6 people, I would be working with. They were all very friendly; most of them had only been at the company for a year or two, so they didn't really know what questions to ask. After the team interview, they took me on a tour of the campus. Soon after the interviews, I had to take several online logic tests. A couple weeks later, I got the offer letter in my email.

Interview Questions

• What is recursion?   Answer Question
    • How would you get the phone numbers from a 1,000 page document?   1 Answer
    • Write a function the reverse a string in Java?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, fairly easy. They basically wanted a walk through of your resume, and past projects. What are some of your best and worst qualities, just basic interview questions. IBM flew me out to the IBM plant in Ohio. They covered the Hotel Expenses as well as the flight expenses. However, they did not have paid transportation to the hotel from the Airport. It would have been nice to have someone there waiting for me with a sign of my name, to take me to my hotel, seeing as how i am not from Ohio.

Interview Questions

• They were all straight forward answers.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dublin, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

Legacy Sterling has transitioned a large number of full-time consultants (FTC) to full time employees (FTE). This affords to "try before you buy", avoiding any buyer remorse 3-6-12 months down the road.
    They are thorough in checking of credentials and references. The interviewing process included 2 HR interviews (1 phone/1 face-to-face); then three to four additional interviews, Hiring Mgr., Peer interview (sometimes a group panel), and Sr. Mgmt.

Interview Questions

• There were no exceptionally difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very professionally done with the HR representative...normal give & take.