IBM Interview Questions in Durham, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to 3 different "recruiters" and they rescheduled my Guide interview 3 times (sometimes HOURS before the interview was supposed to take place). Since I already had an offer from elsewhere, I just canceled the interview after the last time they rescheduled. The recruiter was very unhelpful and unprofessional and wrote with various grammatical and spelling errors, and even got my name incorrect more than once. Overall, a pretty frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you did recently where you felt challenged   Answer Question

Advisary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

IBM really sucks all frogs. You don't want to work for IBM. Last place I would want to work. I would not want my brother to work there. They really suck

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems with working every weekend and or every week? Do you want to work at home? Forget it.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

It started with a simple phone screening, run me through your resume etc... after that I had a 45 minute phone interview with a hiring manager. The interviewer was very engaging and kept the conversation going. Entirely behavioral questions, describe a situation you were a leader, worked in a team... things like that. My main problem was that I had a month between the phone screen and the first phone interview and they waited another month after that to tell me I wasn't moving on.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, a month and a half later I was called to schedule an interview. The interview occurred over the phone, where I spoke with two managers in a conference call. After the interview, I was asked to complete an online aptitude test and supplement my application with additional information. A few days later, they called me back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was conflict in a group you were a part of, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pleasant, and the company showed a willingness to work with me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview: conference call with four managers, they all introduced them selves and one person asked me all the questions while the others basically made contributions and a few impute but for the greater part they where just listening and accessing me over the phone while i had conversations with this one manger who asked most of the questions

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your
      2. why IBM
      3. what do you know about storage products
      4. tell us about your previous internships and technology experience
      5. A few IT related questions
      6. behavioral questions   1 Answer
    • where do you see your self in 10 years
      what are your plans after graduation   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair enough

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 telephone interviews followed by 1 onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 3 hours in total, and I met with 5 people, mostly one at a time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were almost entirely about my technical skills and experience using specific software.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, about 45 minutes each and then an onsite that was more of a "meet the team and make sure you aren't a weirdo" than a technical onsite. Overall, pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list in place using only constant memory.   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

They called me to talk about the team (I didn't talk about my work for much, they talked about what they did a lot), then they gave me a skilled assessment test (basically a math and IQ test), and then they offered me (sent an offer letter with compensation, other important information, etc. Pretty simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

this was a very simple interview process. there was a personal interview and 2 one-on-one technical interviews. The basics where asked as it was a entry level job.