IBM Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

The interviewer asked a lot of questions about skills, past experiences, and eduction, trainning, hobbies.
Asked a low level technical problem on the scene, and I can easily answer it. But, the interviewer seems not understand it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Yonkers, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me... followed by a pre-screen by the manager... followed by a telephone interview by a senior Engineer... followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

They didn't have any particular project they need people to work on... it almost sounded like they need someone to walk in and do something fantastic so that their group's average rating goes up. Not goal-oriented team.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Spoke with rep at career fair. I followed up by email to make sure they had my info. I then was emailed back and told to apply for a specific position via the website. I did that and then was phoned for an interview and then they made a decision after I sent some more info in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

First there was phone interview with the hiring position manager. After it's passed, I got the invitation to go to the site for one day interview. I met with the manager and he/she arranged the whole day interview including presentation, 1-1 interviews with the group key members and the higher level manager. After 1-2 weeks, I got the notice of job offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your career expectation after 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen. Lots of technical questions, but I decided not to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Something about what database table schema to use in a particular scenerio to keep the data normalized. I wasn't that difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Not a good fit for what I want to do.

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in February 2008.

Interview

Met with recruiter at job fair, then set up a 1:1 campus interview. This interview was explaining my resume and previous work experience and why I would be a good fit at the company, That went well so I was recommended for a phone interview with a manager. That was mostly a behavioral interview with..."tell me a time..." After a few days I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how that experience has helped you later on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in January 2008.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. If they are paying your travel expenses for the interview, you have a very high percentage of being hired. The key is to pass all of the prescreening.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the advancement of the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

interview is good. They asked all basic questions in java, Hr round is just for formality. i joined as a fresher so i felt interview is just formality, if we clear all the written tests and qualify we will get a job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Industries are using Hadoop extensively to analyze their data sets. The reason is that Hadoop framework is based on a simple programming model (MapReduce) and it enables a computing solution that is scalable, flexible, fault-tolerant and cost effective. Here, the main concern is to maintain speed in processing large datasets in terms of waiting time between queries and waiting time to run the program.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dehra Dun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Dehra Dun (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviews are one of the most popularly used process for employee selection.Selection interviews are typically conducted onsite at the hiring company. The purpose of a selection interview is to determine whether a candidate will be selected for the position he or she is interviewing for a perfect candidate. and the most important part during interview is your confidence and proper knowledge about your subject because these two quality is very important for your selection in any company.

Interview Questions

• 1, Tell me about yourself
      2. Why should we hire you