IBM Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2010.

Interview

The interviewer asked a lot of questions about skills, past experiences, and eduction, trainning, hobbies.
Asked a low level technical problem on the scene, and I can easily answer it. But, the interviewer seems not understand it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Yonkers, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me... followed by a pre-screen by the manager... followed by a telephone interview by a senior Engineer... followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

They didn't have any particular project they need people to work on... it almost sounded like they need someone to walk in and do something fantastic so that their group's average rating goes up. Not goal-oriented team.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2009.

Interview

Spoke with rep at career fair. I followed up by email to make sure they had my info. I then was emailed back and told to apply for a specific position via the website. I did that and then was phoned for an interview and then they made a decision after I sent some more info in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

First there was phone interview with the hiring position manager. After it's passed, I got the invitation to go to the site for one day interview. I met with the manager and he/she arranged the whole day interview including presentation, 1-1 interviews with the group key members and the higher level manager. After 1-2 weeks, I got the notice of job offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your career expectation after 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen. Lots of technical questions, but I decided not to take the job.

Interview Questions

• Something about what database table schema to use in a particular scenerio to keep the data normalized. I wasn't that difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Not a good fit for what I want to do.

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in February 2008.

Interview

Met with recruiter at job fair, then set up a 1:1 campus interview. This interview was explaining my resume and previous work experience and why I would be a good fit at the company, That went well so I was recommended for a phone interview with a manager. That was mostly a behavioral interview with..."tell me a time..." After a few days I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how that experience has helped you later on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in January 2008.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. If they are paying your travel expenses for the interview, you have a very high percentage of being hired. The key is to pass all of the prescreening.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the advancement of the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process consists of three rounds..
    1. Group Discussion
    2. Technical knowledge
    3. PI

Interview Questions

• how could u make 5+5= 545?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

i am looking forward for day sift with a gud package..in software field..either its for s/w developer or as a DBA..

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

My Interview with IBM India Pvt. Ltd. took place on 4th and 5th March 2012 in Pune (India).

On first day, online aptitude test took place. It was really tough. Only 100 candidates out of 1000 cleared the first round, and were called on 5th March 2012 for next rounds. We have been told that the next very day would contain two interviews - one technical and one HR. But on 5th March 2012, both technical and HR rounds took place in same row. And, in the evening results were announced, and luckily my name was there in the list of 17 selected candidates.

I would like to suggest that never loose your confidence. "Be confident and do hard work, and the world would be yours".