IBM Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

One interview, with two other software engineers. Very basic interview, just asked questions about my resume. They asked really in depth questions about projects on my resume, much deeper than I needed to know for the scope of my project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project on your resume. They will then poke at it with a million questions, some of which you probably will not know how to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of technical interview that consisted questions related to collections, data structures, Big(o) and improving the efficiency of the solution. Also, they tested me on design related questions and how well I knew my projects and in depth explanation of project workings etc. Overall it was a friendly environment and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Defining Big(O) for a given problem and how to improve the efficiency   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was an online video interview, where you record yourself for each question and send it in. You don’t actually speak to anyone. Three behavior questions. Three coding problems . Three technical questions.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First phone interview was all technical regarding Java and object oriented programming. Second was a behavioral interview involving questions about what you would do in a given situation. The results were sent through email

Interview Questions

• Polymorphism, abstraction, encapsulation, General Java   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in November 2017.

Interview

Passed OA and had a guru interview. My most familiar language is Java and the interviewee kept asking me Javascript questions for about forty minutes. It seems that the interviewee knows well about frontend but the position which I was applying is the general one. I am NOT applying for entry-level front-end engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

1st stage was a 3 question coding program, 5 question behavioral HireVue recording session. 2nd stage was a guru interview (the technical interview) 1 on 1 with a live interviewer. 3rd stage was a guide interview (the behavioral interview) 1 on 1 with a live interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Guide interview is important!   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2018.

Interview

An IBM recruiter reached out to me after previously being rejected for a different position, and offered to schedule me two video interviews.

The first video interview, or "Guide" interview as they called it, was a typical behavioral interview that lasted about half an hour.

The second "Guru" interview was the technical side of things and lasted an hour. This part consisted of an algorithm question, a logic puzzle, and a programming question. However, unknowingly to me, IBM had sent me a rejection email, minutes after I connected in for the technical video interview and it seemed that the person interviewing me was not aware of the fact that I had already been rejected either.

Interview Questions

• Guru Part: Typical behavioral questions to find out what team you would fit on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

It was kinda tough talking to myself. I practice several times but it did not go as well as I planned. Interview questions were right on point however I was unable to solve any of them in time.

Interview Questions

• First and second questions were 30 mins...Both String manipulation. Third was also a string manipulation. Very important to understand vectors!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview contained several questions divided in three sections. Three coding problems and others are video responses problems.
    There were three sections.
    1. General questions (video response) like "why do you think you are qualified for this position"/"Why IBM?", there was also technical questions.
    2. Three coding problems requires quite a bit string operations;
    3. Some technical questions(video response) requiring you to present your solution. One of them is explaining how you solved one of the coding problems.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Took their hackerrank challenge, heard back that I passed it about a week or two later. Then I was set up with a technical interview with an engineer at IBM.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 4 or 5 brainteaser type questions in the technical interview.   Answer Question