IBM Interview Questions in Essex Junction, VT | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Essex Junction, VT

2.8

Entry Level Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in October 2015.

Interview

My experience was very different from what I've come to know as the "traditional" interview. I was brought around the office and sat down one on one with different employees at all different levels who asked me questions about projects and jobs on my resume. It just felt like having conversations. None of those weird HR behavioral questions.

About a month and a half after my interview I received an invitation to take the IPAT and two weeks later I received a job offer! I believe I was one of the first few people interviewed for the position as I had some classmates that interviewed there a few weeks after I did which is why the process took kind of a while.

Compact Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received an email from the manager to set-up a 30 min. phone screen. During the phone screen, the manager explained the position in more detail and gave me an understanding of what the group does. He also tried to get a feel for my academic and research background and asked questions based on my resume. A week later, he invited me to come over for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of breakfast with the manager himself, followed by a one-hour seminar talk based on my master's thesis, and seven 1:1 interviews (45 min. each). At half-time, there was also lunch with the entire team and a lab tour.
        During the seminar talk, I felt like they were trying to gauge my confidence level, and test how well I communicate and am able to explain my thesis in layman terms. All the interviews following the seminar were mostly behavioral or revolved around my research work.

Interview Questions

• 1) Can you explain the working of a MOSFET?
      2) Where do you see yourself in five years?
      3) How have you dealt with an uncooperative team member in the past?
      4) Several questions based on my thesis work and resume.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

As a new college graduate, I did not negotiate. The offer seemed fair for a RCG.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial communications started through the recruitment at my university. There, they just wanted to learn more about me and figure out which job positions I would be most interested in. After applying, I received a call from the hiring manager and was asked a few of the same questions. Nothing too difficult, just about what my interests were and how I like to work in school (working in groups is stressed highly at IBM).

I then had an onsite interview where I talked with 6 different people for about an hour each. Some were just because of shared interests, others because of where I would be working. That process was really just for them to see if I was a bearable person to work with. They want to see if you can hold conversations with people of all types.

After this, I had to take two tests. One was a personality test. The other was a reasoning/IQ type test. I had to complete these before they would proceed any further. The reasoning test was really difficult and was timed. I thought I did very poorly but was still offered a job.

I was informed about a week later and was given a week to inform them of my intentions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was the on site interview. It was just a long and grueling process. Make sure to get plenty of rest and drink some coffee before hand, even if you arent a coffee drinker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in April 2008.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. First interviewer superficially assess your technical knowledge. Second interview was more about fit with potential team you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of leadership outside a classroom setting.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in February 2008.

Interview

Met with recruiter at job fair, then set up a 1:1 campus interview. This interview was explaining my resume and previous work experience and why I would be a good fit at the company, That went well so I was recommended for a phone interview with a manager. That was mostly a behavioral interview with..."tell me a time..." After a few days I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how that experience has helped you later on   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in January 2008.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. If they are paying your travel expenses for the interview, you have a very high percentage of being hired. The key is to pass all of the prescreening.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the advancement of the semiconductor industry?   Answer Question