IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.6

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

At the interview stage I had to answer questions from three different employees over the phone. The questions were mostly based off me giving examples of how I'd solve, or had solved problems. The process was more laid back than I had expected, and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very competitive internal job search. Due to the number of employees impacted by rounds of resource actions it was too competitive. Not a lot of jobs available so low odds of success.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't at all that bad did one phone interview along with two in person interviews. Basic interview questions are ask and some small technical questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two different people. They asked a lot of pretty easy questions that weren't very hard to answer, just your standard questions. They really like enthusiasm and you will to want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem how do you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (La Crosse, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Career fair - Interview - Acceptance letter. Attended career fair, got opportunity for interview, accepted it, got an email later on that month. Overall a good interviewing process. I would say it was of medium difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Somers, NY).

Interview

First, they gave you a introduction speech about the company. Then they sent you in a big room where interviewer sit. you talked one after one, there was three rounds. you talked with different people. the interview lasted from morning to afternoon. You will have lunch with the interviewers , the employees and other interviewees. That was also a chance to show your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN).

Interview

Two interviews a 30 minutes each. Very casual with the intent of vetting out your personality rather than putting you on the spot. People are the stereotypical Minnesota-nice. The facility looks amazing when you interview, however, do not expect that to stay true once you start working at IBM. They have a quick turnaround on the process and will let you know within a week if you will be given an offer or not. Beware that applying through the IBM website may take up to 6 months before it lands at the program director for the COE.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions such as 'Tell me about one time when you...'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Call was set up for later that week. It consisted of two different calls, one right after the other. The first was entirely behavioral, and was someone out of the HR dept. The second one was more technical. They estimated an hour total, but mine ran an hour and fifteen minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Excel?
      Give an example when you were constrained by a deadline on a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Passed along my resume and then set up a time for a phone interview. Pretty straightforward questions directly related to my resume - nothing too tricky! They basically walked through experiences and asked how they would related to the position I was being considered for. The interviewer was very helpful and relaxed throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Two part interview. First part went over personal skills and questioned how well you are able to work. The second part was more technical, questions about program familiarity were asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be able to get a project done with multiple people across multiple locations.   Answer Question