IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online after a career fair on campus. Got the called and I drove to Rochester to interview. I met with two different people a "Team Lead" and a Manager. They were both very nice and the questions were not too hard. They asked questions about my Excel skills and my ability to deal with people.

Interview Questions

• Excel questions and it helped to have knowledge of specific terms like Pivot Table, VLookup, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, If you get an offer for an FA it will be for 40K

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through Career Development Center at College. Consisted of a phone interview and two, same day face-to-face interviews. Took about two weeks from first interview to offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Other than starting date, everything else is non-negotiable.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview

I got an interview following my college career fair. I met with two representatives for approximately 20 minutes each. Both reps were from the finance employees who also went to my school. Neither were HR reps, so the interview was quite informal and simple.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

I first received a call from the recruiter and she was trying to sell me on coming. The weather is really bad here but I was okay with it. Then I had two back to back interviews, the first with the hiring manager and the second with another financial analyst. The first interviewer was really nice and asked easy questions. The second interviewer grilled me and really challenged my experiences. I thought I failed for sure but received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you really work there (the company on my resume)? Does this company exist?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, very strict crappy salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Contacted by colllege career services. Met with hiring manager and finance manager. Very laid back atmosphere. Unfortunately the hiring manager was running behind schedule and rushed through the second half of my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in April 2008.

Interview

There were two interviewers originally and they each took 30 minutes for the first round. They asked a good mix of behavioral and general questions. I knew a lot about the company because my friend told me to and that really helped in the interview, so come well prepared because they will ask if you know what IBM stands for, what they do, etc.

Interview Questions

• One guy just told me to ask him questions instead of him asking me. This showed if you were prepared or not.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very negotiable but some room.

Anonymous Employee in Somers, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Somers, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

The first interview was a standard on campus interview. The questions centered on academics and campus involvement. The second interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions were more specific to specific skills and attributes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard entry level offer. There was not a lot of room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Des Moines, IA) in March 2018.

Interview

Career fair. Next day interview. Everyone was super nice! There were only two rounds. There was no super day. Career fair. Next day interview. Everyone was super nice! There were only two rounds. There was no super day.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, some technical ones to test excel acumen   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty typical. Interview by two people who asked basic questions such as strengths, weaknesses, gpa, etc. Took a couple of weeks to hear back from the company but then you will get an offer letter via email from India and do not try to asked the person any questions because you will not find any of the answers you need

Interview Questions

• several "what would you do if" questions   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. There were two interviewers, usually from the division you'll be placed in once hired. Both interviewers were very friendly and weren't trying to make the interview difficult. They wanted to have a conversation and find out what kind of person you're like and how well you know the content. Overall they ask a lot of the usual interview questions, ranging from personality to technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer