IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Iowa City, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

two thirty minute interviews. One more behavioral and experience questions. The other asked me about my technical background including Microsoft office and especially excel. The behavior questions were just "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• How experienced I was with Excel   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I conducted my interview on campus, there were two different recruiters. The first talked about what its like to work in the office and then asked about my technical skills and the other did the typical behavioral questions. I followed up after the interview and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on current news and events?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Worked with the person in charge of interns. Was a very easy process. They had me speak with the person running the department briefly, to make sure I was a good fit. Salary and start date was all done through India.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my relevant background experience.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university website, consisted of submitting my resume and some admin work. Heard back about a month later, saying that I qualified for an on-campus interview. The interview was really relaxed and calm. Explained some things on my resume. Answered some basic behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult, just needed to hold a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general and broad. "Explain a time you were challenged" "Explain a time you dealt with poor clients"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing. Co-op position. Wage is based on credits towards major.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Denver, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

Very extensive process involving several rounds of interviews with many people. Many types of various questions around strengths, weaknesses. Other questions included scenario type questions such as "tell me about a time when.....and how did you handle it"? Also asked questions around why you want to work for IBM and what your goals are, where do you see yourself 5, 10 years from now?

Interview Questions

Their offer was $20K/year below another offer I had and they did not want to match or beat the other offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Interview

Career Fair, Interviewed with 2 different managers back to back the following day on campus

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your skill with Excel on a scale of 1 to 10.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Rochester, MN - The interview was mostly behavioral. Asking lots of questions about experience in college and internships. They wanted to know all about my work with Excel and how experienced I was with maintaining large amounts of data (this is where internship experience also helps).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to take the lead of a group, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward with the interviewer asking about my previous experiences. I basically ran through what was on my resume and touched on some of the most important aspects that related to the job offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an interview in Rochester, MN. A friend who works there dropped off my application and they called me to set up an interview right away. I was told that it would be an hour long interview with two people interviewing for thirty minutes each. The entrance that you need to go into is fairly hard to find so I would suggest getting there plenty early. I entered the main entrance and checked in with the lady behind the counter. The first person interviewing me was a male manager. He just walked through my resume and asked me to explain each part and asked how well I knew excel. This person was supposed to be the one asking me more technical questions. The technical questions weren't very difficult or in depth. He mostly asked about any financial equations you've used for classes or using excel. Pivot tables were brought up and asked if I had used them. Most people don't use pivot tables that I've talked to before working there but its something they frequently use. The setting was very relaxed with him and it went pretty smoothly. Nothing difficult and very relaxing. The next person came in to interview and was a female manager. She asked more situational questions along with going over my resume quickly. This was very relaxed as well and a little more thought provoking but nothing too difficult. I ended up interviewing for an extra half an hour for a total of one and half hours. It really does fly by once you begin talking back and forth. They will jot down answers to questions on resumes of yours that were printed off. My GPA was below the 3.2 that IBM looks for and she asked me to explain what I had. Ive heard that if you can explain how you have improved over the last couple of years they are understanding and will offer you a job still if the interview goes well. Overall it was a very relaxed process and not very difficult. This was my first professional interview. I am still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your manager wants a report handed in and will be thankful and praise you for giving it to him/her but you know that it will not provide the information that need even though they still want it what would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Based on internships and co-ops

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.