IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. There were two interviewers, usually from the division you'll be placed in once hired. Both interviewers were very friendly and weren't trying to make the interview difficult. They wanted to have a conversation and find out what kind of person you're like and how well you know the content. Overall they ask a lot of the usual interview questions, ranging from personality to technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Typical interview process. Received a call a few days after submitting my application. Scheduled a phone interview which consisted of two separate 30 minute interviews. Questions were all standard (why IBM, what do we do, what does IBM stand for, what excel skills do you have etc).

Interview Questions

• Just about every questioned asked is posted on here in other reviews.   Answer Question

Offer was below the occupation's entry-level market average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I conducted my interview on campus, there were two different recruiters. The first talked about what its like to work in the office and then asked about my technical skills and the other did the typical behavioral questions. I followed up after the interview and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on current news and events?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume and application online around thanksgiving. I had an interview on December 27. I didn't hear back from IBM until Jan 27. I didn't start working until March 15. Did not hear anything from IBM from the end of December to the end of January.

Interview Questions

• Do you have excel skills? What sort of environment do you want to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Iowa City, IA) in September 2015.

Interview

two thirty minute interviews. One more behavioral and experience questions. The other asked me about my technical background including Microsoft office and especially excel. The behavior questions were just "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• How experienced I was with Excel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

Incredibly easy and simple, but I applied through university which probably made it easier. This particular location only required a phone interview. Bureaucratic process, but easy nonetheless. Put me in contact with multiple people, and some were completely unaware. You might have to wait for emails or phone calls that don't come until you remind them.

Interview Questions

• Very general behavioral questions. Maybe a bit more thorough than other places, but nothing too technical. No case questions. Very easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Worked with the person in charge of interns. Was a very easy process. They had me speak with the person running the department briefly, to make sure I was a good fit. Salary and start date was all done through India.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my relevant background experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Somers, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

was interviewed by 5 Managers. was not terrible difficult, they did all the talking about how difficult working for IBM.

The interview was in June and was given a verbal offer the next day. I did not get an official offer until Sept and started in October. This was the most difficult part of the process, waiting.

Interview Questions

• Working in Somers, NY can be a challenge. Do you think you'll be able to manage the remote location?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is very laid back, there arent a lot of technical questions. IBM people are generally nice. I feel like this is the environment i would work for. However the office is very old. All ibm office are very hidden.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

On campus process through local recruiter. Two 30 minute interviews back to back. One behavioral, one more technical. Never heard back after sending thank you and following up weeks later.