IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 different people, mostly just questions relating to how you handle different situations. Interviewers were very easy to talk to, and gave great feedback on my answers to their questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you implemented a change at work, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Two part interview. First part went over personal skills and questioned how well you are able to work. The second part was more technical, questions about program familiarity were asked.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would be able to get a project done with multiple people across multiple locations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone 2 part interview, two different managers from the department ask you a series of questions the second interview is a lot more you asking them questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with two different people. They asked a lot of pretty easy questions that weren't very hard to answer, just your standard questions. They really like enthusiasm and you will to want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem how do you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very competitive internal job search. Due to the number of employees impacted by rounds of resource actions it was too competitive. Not a lot of jobs available so low odds of success.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process wasn't at all that bad did one phone interview along with two in person interviews. Basic interview questions are ask and some small technical questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with excel?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

At the interview stage I had to answer questions from three different employees over the phone. The questions were mostly based off me giving examples of how I'd solve, or had solved problems. The process was more laid back than I had expected, and felt more like a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Long interview process, the interview went for 1 hour and was split between two interviewers. They didn't interview for any particular job which I thought was strange. They also told me I got the job after 24 hours but didn't tell me my first day of employment for 2 months

Interview Questions

• Speak about life experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (La Crosse, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Career fair - Interview - Acceptance letter. Attended career fair, got opportunity for interview, accepted it, got an email later on that month. Overall a good interviewing process. I would say it was of medium difficulty.

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Williamsburg, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very Brief. Two on-campus interviewers. Behavioral questions. Simple and easy. A lot of fellow 'co-ops' (6 month interns) didn't go to very well-known/reputable schools, which was surprising. Any relevant finance or accounting experience should get you in.