IBM Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Germany

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM in August 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable. It was a conversation rather than a interview
    The Interviewer asked me questions, listened and added thoughts to what I was saying, making it feel very relaxed and easy. The questions were mainly about previous Projects done and about the technologies used in those projects.
    The interviewer gave a brief introduction of the project in which I was supposed to work in the term of 6 months during the internship.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly about the Technologies used during my previous Projects. In my case it was JAVA, C++ . So the interviewer asked me some core questions of JAVA , C++ .
      Interview lasted for approx, 45-50 mins.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and the atmosphere did not feel threatening at all. It was a great interview which happened quickly and was followed by an offer. The 30 word minimum is ridiculous however.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Böblingen (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Böblingen (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts with a telephone screen to go over CV. If you pass, you get an invitation to an on-site interview, which consists of several panel and one-on-one interviews, a presentation, and an HR round.

The on-site interview first starts with the manager, who describes the interview process. Following, there are several rounds of panel interviews with team members and other, related groups. The interviewers describe the tasks of the groups in detail and try to match your experiences to their work. They may sometimes dig very deep into your skills but are also interested in your personality by asking behavioral questions.

For the presentation, they allot a 30 minute time slot with additional time for questions. Most of your interviewers for the day will attend and ask questions at the end.

Next, there is an HR round. As usual, the HR people ask a ton of behavioral questions. In my case, they even made a mistake and asked some questions that are not allowed by law, however, when I notified them, they immediately backtracked and did not require and answer.

Finally there were two one-on-one rounds with senior management, who are mostly interested in figuring out how you may prosper and achieve your career goals as a part of the company.

All of the interviewers are very friendly and take their time to answer all of your questions in detail.

Interview Questions

• Panel questions:
      Are you willing to participate in coding reviews? In a coding review, how do you react if your code is criticized? If you review the code of a senior employee and discover severe deficiencies, how do you approach a resolution?

HR questions:
      Greatest weaknesses and strengths? Give three examples each. Greatest achievement and worst failure, each with examples. What are your short, intermediate and long term goals? How do you resolve conflicts? Why this company? Why change from academia to industry?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ilmenau, Thüringen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Ilmenau, Thüringen (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

Call Interview regarding internship of 3 months in IBM in the field of Data Analysis. A panel of 4-5 IBMers were there and asked questions about my past work experience, skills and some of the projects. The interview was a telephonic interview and went very well. I got selected for the position and later got an offer to pursue my Master Thesis with IBM too.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my work experience, my current Masters study, my research projects I worked upon and my technical skills   1 Answer

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and open discussions about experience, expectations and future career. There were two interviews scheduled each around an hour. Interviewer was on time and the were games played. I got a very detailed introduction of how the company works and pros and cons were shared openly. Backward looking some promises were not kept but that had to do manly with the reorganization of the company in Germany.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe how you can contribute best to IBM ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quite straight forward. There were several models on the table and I had to choose one. I received the contract with the calculated model.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hired in Germany. Started in April 1998. Hired my working project manager. Flew to US for 1x1 interview and drug test. Started in Austin Texas Top Gun training for six weeks, Changed Manager after 4 days on job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Hamburg (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with my latter boss. Very friendly and comfortable interview without feeling cornered, due to the fact that I was good prepared. Got a good overview on how my job will look like. My questions were answered adequately and I even received tipps on how I can improve my interview skills. The interview was about one hour long.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my English skills.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1. Interview pre-test: over 40 minutes of math and cogitive tests on the computer. Very time-driven.
    2. Recruiting assessment center, 8 hours of interviews.
    a) Group task - 6 people, split up in groups and solve tasks related to IT- present afterwards in English.
    b) Single interview with check for motivation and background- why IBM; why this job; what I can bring for it.
    c) Single case study with text to read, short questions .- Time pressure high, comprehension focussed. Intercultural strenghts were asked a lot
    Lunch break (they sent home half of the group than)
    d) Single case study - statistical number- estimate for a number (I totally overthought it, was very simple in fact)
    e) Company intro (information about IBM)
    f) SIngle case study - again with time pressure - and critical question regarding optimization.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ehningen (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ehningen (Germany)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for another role and they contacted me (via telephone) to see if I'm interested in another role. So I applied. It was a telephone interview but some online conference application was also used since I had to do 15-20minutes long presentation using PowerPoint about who I am, what I did before and why they should hire me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our competitors products?
      Why are you interested in IT?

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2013.

Interview

interview via skype, 90 minutes and 2 managers attended the skypesession, done&dusted fairly easily - after 4 weeks received an offer for a permanent inside sales position which i accepted back then

Interview Questions

• what have you done previously, how was your achievement against quota, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question