IBM Global Administrative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Global Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in November 2008.

Interview

Introduction by existing employee. Had a 1 on 1 interview and submitted my CV. Heard nothing for 3 weeks. I called the manager and he said he was keen but salary could be an issue. Over the next 2 weeks we spoke 3 times, resolved the salary issue and I was made an offer which I accepted.
The HR department were really slow and unresponsive in processing my info altho i was paid on time from the 1st month but had to supply them some docs twice as they "misplaced" the first ones!
I've heard of people who were made a verbal offer but IBM internal processes are so slow that it took 3+months for a formal offer to be fully approved by which time the candidate had accepted a position elsewhere.
Incidentally, although they ask permission to do all the background checks, they never called my previous employer, nor any of the people I gave as references and the credit bureau showed no inquiries so clearly their screening is not so thorough!

Interview Questions

• The interview was really simple and informal - more of a discovery discussion with the manager asking about my work experience, work interests etc and me asking about IBM. There was no panel interview. Not sure if this is the norm.   Answer Question