IBM Interview Questions in Hortolândia | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Hortolândia

2.8

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)).

Interview

I was initially contracted by a third party company to work in IBM. The interviewer is usually a team leader of the unit you're gonna work on. If you're gonna be contracted by IBM, however, the process is different. There's an exam that will test you on math, logic and English (1st phase). The 2nd phase (if you pass on the 1st) have the process called "group dynamic" (not sure if this is the right term) where an HR recruiter will provide you a scenario and request a random stuff (draw a flag that represents your skill, personality), make a plan for a given task, etc.

Interview Questions

• the only one I remember was: what would you do with a server that is down and doesn't come up as expected?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in July 2015.

Interview

I received some calls, did an online test, 3 skype meetings and at the end of the process I was invited to an on site interview. The thing is that I had to travel, take a plane and sleep on another city without any financial help from IBM. They couldn't say if position would be mine or give any other information about the selection and I would have the expenses of a costly travel without any help? No thanks IBM.

Interview Questions

• If I desire to live in another city?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in June 2015.

Interview

I have found the job on LinkedIn and submitted my résumé on IBM jobs site. After that I received a phone call to validate some of my informations and then started to take part into the selection process which consists of a logic test, a language proficiency test and an interview. This last one was to double check my skills with some background experience check and another language proficiency test this time by conversation during part of the interview to check my english.

Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in November 2012.

Interview

Not very hard to go through an interview at IBM, specially beucase manpower available in area isn't that big. Also, due to salaries below market average is key point to determine hiring. But once your are selected to an interview, all you have to do is demonstrate self confidence and personallity. These are most valued for new hires.

Interview Questions

• In most situations, you apply to certain position and on interview you found out it's for something completely different. Ensure to inquire manager about position on interview. Also, be aware that you can be assign to work off-hours without further notice.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in January 2012.

Interview

The employer got my resume from a referral program, he set up a meeting by telephone, where we talked about 40 minutes, after which he sent me a form with several technical questions to be answered, now the next step is wait the results of this.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in September 2011.

Interview

One single interview with a team leader. Spoke a few words in English and asked about technical background and experience. They asked about how I did on the last job, If I considered myself successful. Asked why I was looking for a new opportunity and why IBM. It was pretty simple interview and I was confident all the time because people interviewing were nice.

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process is organized in three main steps:
    - English interview, to evaluate english skill level
    - Technical interview, to make sure the candidate has proper experience and knowledge related to the opportunity
    - Interview with Project Manager or Team Leader, to confirm technical skills and if the candidate is good for the role

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell about functional testing process and how do you develop a test plan.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in August 2011.

Interview

We had one Telephone interview with HR in portuguese, one Telephone interview with potential co-workers in English, one English test and one Group Interview. I needed to wait until the "Hiring Freeze" the company entered was over, due to the financial crisis. All the interviewers were nice to me, and their questions were related to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick, as I didnt had much negotiation powers

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a very nice interview. Good experience.
    I always wanted to be back to IBM. I was transferred to AT&T due to BlueSky deal but seems IBM is pretty much internationalized than other American companies.
    IBM provides a lot of opportunity to achieve a lot of professional growth.

Systems Monitoring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in January 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed in Portuguese and in English to test for my fluency and communication skills. The steps were basically: interviewed by phone and in person - with Team Leaders, Managers and HR staff. Pretty straightforward process. After that there was a couple of days for orientation and paperwork to be filled.

Interview Questions

• Computer knowledge, English knowledge, past experiences and shift preference.   Answer Question