IBM Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was set for 8am - didn't start until 8:30-9am. About 6-7 individuals (including me) were scheduled to interview.
    Consists of 3 separate 1:1 interviews - personal, tech/reasoning, skills/job history - (can't recall exactly) the reasoning interview is basically just to see how you think and solve problems - just 1 simple question really.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (South Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone screens over weeks, face to face with 3-4 people on a Friday morning. Takes extremely long for feedback. You must always chase the internal person. Foreign interviewers ask silly questions. Partners look for more of a social fit. Usually takes all morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Couple of back and forth calls. No flexibility on time off little wiggle room on salary.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They contact me after finding my resume at Grace Hopper DB. The interview was at the conference. Mostly asking about my experience, how to deal with difficulties at work, when my graduation date will be and what I expect from the internship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

One "superday" of interviews. Three 30-minute interviews all in a row. Two behavioral and one case study. The interviewers were incredibly nice and personable. The behavioral interviews were not bad at all; very conversational and more scenario-based compared to other interviews I've had. They want to see how you work within teams, so they'll ask you questions about conflict/teamwork. Case study wasn't too bad; just think out loud and ask as many questions as you can think of in the 30-minute timeframe. Very laid back interview and a very positive experience.

- I applied around September 13
    - Interview request via university's career center website on September 22
    - On-campus interview September 30
    - Offer sent October 17

Interview Questions

• You have an idea. Tell me the steps you would take prior to presenting this idea to your manager/superior.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was thorough, people were deceivingly nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations possible since I was local. Out-of-towners can negotiate relocation

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, pretty general about the things you know and have done. Onsite interview with the manager and the entire team. Mostly technical.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

My interview process began with telephone screening interviews, the first with an IBM recruiter; the second with a current consultant. Since I've been consulting for a while, the second call was casual and allowed me to ask most of my questions (not all - be thoughtful and professional). From there, I was invited to an interview day at one of several national locations. About 100 candidates were divided into groups of 6-7 and each group was presented a business case. As we worked on the case, interviewers walked around each table to observe how well we interacted, who took the lead, how we resolved issues/differences of opinion, etc. I can't remember now how much time we were allocated to prepare, but each group had to present their findings to a panel. The key throughout is to actively participate, be calm and confident, and think about what you need to say before you get in the room. Don't be shy during the presentation but don't act like Donald Trump either. I've prepped for case study interviews in the past and can say it helped since I don't have a business degree (although I am ABD on a Ph.D.). Now that I've been with IBM over a year, I will say it is extremely important to work as a team during the group presentation. While some candidates will naturally rise to lead the team, everyone has a contribution, and every consultant should strive to be their client's 'trusted advisor.' Good luck!

Interview Questions

• The business case posed the question of whether a company should expand into a new, potentially more lucrative area or remain on its current course.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my offer was at the higher end for a band 7, there wasn't much room for negotiation. Unfortunately, we all get the same number of vacation days so that wasn't negotiable either. While it's possible to negotiate to a higher band, it's easier at a lower band to get staffed.

Consultant - Strategy and Change Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

After the initial phone screen with HR, I completed a questionnaire. After that was reviewed, I had a phone screen with a managing consultant and then was invited to Chicago for a case study interview/presentation and 2-3 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Business case asked for an evaluation of a new opportunity for an established business.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick to ask a ton of questions online with urgency in an email and no call back. i felt quite misled and manipulated by the process. IBM should not send emails that imply you are a final candidate in the entry process nor should they say they will call within the week and not call back. KEEP YOUR PROMISES!

Interview Questions

• Over 1 hour worth of stuff and no call back   1 Answer

Summit Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewing through the new hire "Summit Program" consisted of 3 interviews. The first with the Summit Program manager, the second a web cam interview with the hiring manager, then a third interview where they paid to have me flown to the hiring manager's city for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked for me to present something. that is all, two words...   1 Answer