IBM Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IGlobal Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

very detail process, too much deep into, the inter4viewer was very much into detail., was a phone interview, the interviewer was very much into details hands on questions, the interviewer has background on project policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Lifecycle process   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

normal interview process I guess. Very nice, polite and seemed interested in what I had to say. Beautiful interview room, asked lots of questions and allowed me to ask a lot of questions.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Single 1:1 interview with manager of the SAP group. Most of conversation was his telling me about IBM and how it was no longer the blue suit, white shirt company

Interview Questions

• Focus was on previous background (was working in consulting company)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, one onsite interview. Questions in the screen process is easy. They are more looking for candidates that are dedicated and show interests of working for them. I have to say the recruiting people are better at looking for the right candidate than I am at looking for the right position.

Summit Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewing through the new hire "Summit Program" consisted of 3 interviews. The first with the Summit Program manager, the second a web cam interview with the hiring manager, then a third interview where they paid to have me flown to the hiring manager's city for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked for me to present something. that is all, two words...   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick to ask a ton of questions online with urgency in an email and no call back. i felt quite misled and manipulated by the process. IBM should not send emails that imply you are a final candidate in the entry process nor should they say they will call within the week and not call back. KEEP YOUR PROMISES!

Interview Questions

• Over 1 hour worth of stuff and no call back   1 Answer

Consultant - Strategy and Change Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

After the initial phone screen with HR, I completed a questionnaire. After that was reviewed, I had a phone screen with a managing consultant and then was invited to Chicago for a case study interview/presentation and 2-3 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Business case asked for an evaluation of a new opportunity for an established business.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

My interview process began with telephone screening interviews, the first with an IBM recruiter; the second with a current consultant. Since I've been consulting for a while, the second call was casual and allowed me to ask most of my questions (not all - be thoughtful and professional). From there, I was invited to an interview day at one of several national locations. About 100 candidates were divided into groups of 6-7 and each group was presented a business case. As we worked on the case, interviewers walked around each table to observe how well we interacted, who took the lead, how we resolved issues/differences of opinion, etc. I can't remember now how much time we were allocated to prepare, but each group had to present their findings to a panel. The key throughout is to actively participate, be calm and confident, and think about what you need to say before you get in the room. Don't be shy during the presentation but don't act like Donald Trump either. I've prepped for case study interviews in the past and can say it helped since I don't have a business degree (although I am ABD on a Ph.D.). Now that I've been with IBM over a year, I will say it is extremely important to work as a team during the group presentation. While some candidates will naturally rise to lead the team, everyone has a contribution, and every consultant should strive to be their client's 'trusted advisor.' Good luck!

Interview Questions

• The business case posed the question of whether a company should expand into a new, potentially more lucrative area or remain on its current course.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my offer was at the higher end for a band 7, there wasn't much room for negotiation. Unfortunately, we all get the same number of vacation days so that wasn't negotiable either. While it's possible to negotiate to a higher band, it's easier at a lower band to get staffed.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Two interviews, pretty general about the things you know and have done. Onsite interview with the manager and the entire team. Mostly technical.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was thorough, people were deceivingly nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations possible since I was local. Out-of-towners can negotiate relocation