IBM Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick to ask a ton of questions online with urgency in an email and no call back. i felt quite misled and manipulated by the process. IBM should not send emails that imply you are a final candidate in the entry process nor should they say they will call within the week and not call back. KEEP YOUR PROMISES!

Interview Questions

• Over 1 hour worth of stuff and no call back   1 Answer

Summit Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewing through the new hire "Summit Program" consisted of 3 interviews. The first with the Summit Program manager, the second a web cam interview with the hiring manager, then a third interview where they paid to have me flown to the hiring manager's city for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked for me to present something. that is all, two words...   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was set for 8am - didn't start until 8:30-9am. About 6-7 individuals (including me) were scheduled to interview.
    Consists of 3 separate 1:1 interviews - personal, tech/reasoning, skills/job history - (can't recall exactly) the reasoning interview is basically just to see how you think and solve problems - just 1 simple question really.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

normal interview process I guess. Very nice, polite and seemed interested in what I had to say. Beautiful interview room, asked lots of questions and allowed me to ask a lot of questions.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (South Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Multiple phone screens over weeks, face to face with 3-4 people on a Friday morning. Takes extremely long for feedback. You must always chase the internal person. Foreign interviewers ask silly questions. Partners look for more of a social fit. Usually takes all morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Couple of back and forth calls. No flexibility on time off little wiggle room on salary.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They contact me after finding my resume at Grace Hopper DB. The interview was at the conference. Mostly asking about my experience, how to deal with difficulties at work, when my graduation date will be and what I expect from the internship.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

One "superday" of interviews. Three 30-minute interviews all in a row. Two behavioral and one case study. The interviewers were incredibly nice and personable. The behavioral interviews were not bad at all; very conversational and more scenario-based compared to other interviews I've had. They want to see how you work within teams, so they'll ask you questions about conflict/teamwork. Case study wasn't too bad; just think out loud and ask as many questions as you can think of in the 30-minute timeframe. Very laid back interview and a very positive experience.

- I applied around September 13
    - Interview request via university's career center website on September 22
    - On-campus interview September 30
    - Offer sent October 17

Interview Questions

• You have an idea. Tell me the steps you would take prior to presenting this idea to your manager/superior.   Answer Question

IGlobal Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

very detail process, too much deep into, the inter4viewer was very much into detail., was a phone interview, the interviewer was very much into details hands on questions, the interviewer has background on project policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Lifecycle process   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, one onsite interview. Questions in the screen process is easy. They are more looking for candidates that are dedicated and show interests of working for them. I have to say the recruiting people are better at looking for the right candidate than I am at looking for the right position.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Single 1:1 interview with manager of the SAP group. Most of conversation was his telling me about IBM and how it was no longer the blue suit, white shirt company

Interview Questions

• Focus was on previous background (was working in consulting company)   Answer Question