IBM IT Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM IT Architect Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

3.4

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Pretty informal chat.
For the most part, we covered my resume.
There was little/nothing in the way of technical questions - no 'quizzes' to solve.
At the end of the interview, I was brought to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with databases?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    Did you consider yourself the best programmer in your class?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Ended up applying online through a job board. I received a phone call about 1 week later from a staff member there. He went over basic things such as my resume, projects that I had worked on before, what my biggest accomplishment was. Second phone call was just verifying this information. Third was in person. A couple drawn out problem solving sessions along with meeting members of the team I would have worked with.

Interview Questions

• Which previous project would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Really short and simple. It seemed as though they really knew what they were looking for. I didn't know if I wanted to work for them again but in the interview they really turned my feelings around. I really hope that I get the job there and I am able to utilize my talents for IBM once again.

IT Architect Interview

Interview

Unless you're one of those folks who jump from job to job and have mastered the Interview process, I suggest you do your research on the Interview Process and the varied types of questions (technical and non-technical) that will be given. IBM knows you have the talent and skills. What they are looking for is energetic, innovative, and process oriented personnel. I suggest reading two books: "Strengths Finder" by Tom Rath and "The Greatest Salesman" by Og Mandino. Also look into Abby Kohut for her insights on the Job Interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself"... this is the question where you need to sell yourself and your accomplishments - - not what you can do. Unless you're Steven Hawking, there's a lot of people who can do what you do. Focus on how you've done it better than the next person. Next hardest question is "Why did you leave your other job?" or "Why are you looking for a new job?".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boulder, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Was extensively interviewed by to technical managers on separate occasions. Both interviews were very technical and extensive. My entire IT department was outsourced to IBM, select individuals were given a chance to interview with IBM. Eventually I supported my old employer as an IBM employee, they become one of many of my customers.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most challenging and best projects you've been responsible for   1 Answer

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2007.

Interview

Applied on-line, got the technical phone-interview call in 2 weeks. After I have been cleared from phone interview, they called me to Atlanta for personal interviews, where 3 sr. executives interviewed me separately for one hour each. Then I was told about the offer details over the phone in 2 weeks and sent me the copy later. Everything went very well.

Interview Questions

• Can you run /drive the conference room pilots (CRP)?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Unfortunately nothing much, to negotiate as they offer was really good. So accepted the offer as it is.

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

One initial exploratory call with business owner to get to know the roles and responsibilities. One round of technical and process oriented telephonic call. One round of face to face interview with the hiring manager in India. People interviewing were very much experienced, friendly and understanding. The process is a pain and it is slow. The recruiter had lots of calls and still the system did not show the offer letter on time. Patience is required and follow up with the recruiter is suggested. Though a "don't care" mindset is helpful, in case the offer does not come after long pursuit. Just imagine this: the first interview schedule call came almost 3 months after the first call from recruiter. They took that much time to shortlist.

Interview Questions

• Detailed SDLC process and in depth technical questions depending on technical domain. Asked for some instances where I used those aspects.   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Interview

joined via an acquisition so was not interviewed

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very professional, smooth and well done. IT was very quick and the offer order was rolled out in less than 3 days. First I had to go through 2 rounds of technical interview and then followed by the Business unit leader discussion. Post that i had the HR interview and the offer orfer was rolled out immediately. Very smooth and surprised. What ever the terms that was mentioned during the interview was committed by IBM and the the job role was also exactly the same as i was explained.

Interview Questions

• why are you moving out from your current employer ?

what makes you to think that IBM would be a great working place ?
      Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vác (Hungary)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Vác (Hungary)) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied through agency. Competence center 1 day. This was a lengthy process with IQ test, presentation, group work etc. Interview with supervisor after. Not much to say about it. It took weeks until they came back to me. People were on holiday or whatnot.

Interview Questions

• Need to solve and present a business problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.