IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions in Canada

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online through job portal, got a phone call to schedule interview, onsite interview about 45 minutes, received a phone call about a week later about interest (from recruiter), never got a follow-up since (early December 2016)

Interview Questions

• Asked about Java collections, OOP principles, design patterns, projects, experience, etc; Not overly technical more behavioral.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Got the interview right on the next day after submitting the application online. It was a nice casual chat with the interviewer. response take 3.5 weeks. Started with some casual chat and then ask you about whatever you wrote on your resume. Questions are mostly targeted on your resume.

Interview Questions

• What difficulty have you come across and how did you overcome it?
      What did you learn from a project you did in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Call from HR Directly , 2 rounds of interview and discussion with hr. Offer took 3 weeks. Online test for the screen purpose followed by two in person round. Interviewers were good and straight forward. Salary was not negotiated much as I was desperately looking for change. Overall process was good.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join this company?   Answer Question
    • What is burn down chart in Agile ? How do you break you stories and estimate them in Scrum   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Technical and behavior related questions. Met with several staff members in the department which offered related entry level openings. There is also company online technical and mathematical knowledge testing and situation and emotional intelligence testing.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First received a phone interview which was very informal. From there an interview was scheduled with two IBM representatives. Both asking questions and taking notes. Interview lasted just under an hour and there were about 8 questions. The two representatives also talked about life at IBM.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically all related to past experiences. Situational type questions...
      i.e Demonstrate a time where you effectively used time management to accomplish a task?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online for new graduate position. Got an email from recruiter asking few questions. He forwarded my application to Campus Manager, who contacted me to schedule a phone interview. After that he scheduled me final interview. It was also phone interview with hiring manager, as position was based in Nova Scotia.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. Mostly behavioral questions and some related to the resume   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

IBM has a long interview process. Be prepared to be patient first. The emphasis will be on the technical skills and the personality. A fit in the culture is ultimately required. First submit your resume on the portal. You might be contacted from the HR if your resume fits the role.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

Applied online, i had a certification on the technical work the position required, so it made it easy for the interviewer and me.

Interview questions were from the job resume/projects in the resume. Walk- through of the past experience was requested by interviews and questions were raised/asked from each of the experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your skill level in Websphere in a scale of 1-10   1 Answer
    • What is your understanding of ITIL processes   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated on the joining bonus. Was offered a $5000 as joining bonus.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Initially interviewed with IBM for my co-op term in school. Had to write an online aptitude test first at home. Time was limited for the test and I don't think I had enough time to finish the test, but the questions weren't too difficult nor tricky. Then had an 1 on 1 interview on campus. It was not a technical/skill interview, and only asked about experience and stuff.

After a few co-op terms, they have opening and so I just continued working there for full time after graduation.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was thru a job fair and first interview was done by HR, then submitted to hiring manager. After 2 weeks, technical architect would interview for about 1 hours, after passing the technical session , then hiring manager would conduct the behavioral interview, all these process took 1 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hiring manager will contact you asking for salary range, advice to others please do not hesitate to negotiate.