IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Face to face interview setting together with 3 PMs, asking tech questions ( in Java) as well as software development flow questions ( agile, scrum, TDD, etc). Took around 2 hours, 1 round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was easier than expected.

The first interview started off with the recruiter and I getting to know each other's background. After about 15 minutes, he asked some general questions - location preference, graduation date, etcetera. We then went into a role play scenario where I acted as a current saleswoman and he was a client. This was to gauge my thought process in how I approached the customer's needs, thought about their wants vs needs and making sure I gathered all information necessary to provide the best product and deal.

After a couple of weeks, the recruiter handling me informed me that a manager in my area wanted to speak with me. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and included us getting to know each other. He mentioned the different tasks he had in mind for me to do, I guess to see where I was on the spectrum of being able to complete them, and I received an offer not too long afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that I am a potential client and a friend of ours recommended you to me to talk about a product I am seeking. Lead a conversation with me of how you think this should go.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview. Couple of questions about yourself,projects, and leadership. After that there were some behavioral questions. Most Behavior questions were "if you cant do this then what will you do". Do some reseach and have a reason for applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What projects did you do? Conflicts within a group work?Leadership roles?
      If you dont know how to teach someone how do you teach that person?
      If you have a question on something you're doing, what do you do?
      Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

there was a phone interview by the recruiter
    then another phone interview by the IT staff leader
    then there was an assessment to complete
    then there was a personality test
    then there was an in-person group interview
    then there was a phone call to make an offer

I/T Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

4 calls with various managers to determine technical skill level as well as personality and logic skills. All calls about an hour or so long. The interview is difficult but as long as you know some basic programming and are personable you should advance to the next step.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Was very straightforward, talked about my career goals and ambition and why i wanted the job. Make sure you know what you have accomplished and what specific skills allowed you to do those things. Spoke with my manager and another team member of the team I eventually worked with.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions and Programming Questions
      Project you've worked on
      Leadership skills
      Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There is a phone interview with a recruiter, a technical interview covering work topics, you must pass an IPAT test, and then a personality and fit interview held in person. The whole process takes about a month or more. The in-person interview was likely the most important. They examine you for cultural fit. Talk in a non-forced personal manner and communicate your interests and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you overcame difficulties in a previous job?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

group presentation and resume collection. Willing to train or fly us in. Impressive! Then contacted us from the resume pool to let us know we were selected. Overall it's been a fun and exciting process and looking forward to the next step.

Interview Questions

• if you could change one business model within the organization what would it be and why?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Spoke with a former and future manager as well as a colleague whom I would be working with. Basically informal to the extent they wanted to get to know the person rather than a fact sheet of skills.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Recruited me straight out of college and paid for my relo. Had 3 separate rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• How can you program when you don't have a degree for it   1 Answer