IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM IT Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.9

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katowice (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Katowice (Poland)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process for IBM is quite simple. There were so many technical rounds to select perfect candidate. After successfully completion of technical rounds there was a HR round, in which they will ask about, why to choose IBM? why to choose particular location..etc..

Interview Questions

• They asked me question about windows server, linux servers and networking   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brasília, Federal District (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Brasília, Federal District (Brazil)) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring processo took too long, with a lot of interviews with different people, since technical team to management team.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think we should choose you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just offered more than I asked!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in June 2007.

Interview

The one question you are certain to be asked is going to somehow relate to travel such as "Would you be willing to relocate?". They will ask this question even if the job you are applying for is local. IBM expects people to be willing to change and adapt in many ways and a negative answer on this question will hurt your chances. Most "long time" IBMers I know have changed assignments and work locations many times and that is what IBM likes. If you do not want to travel or relocate then you might want to consider another company to work for.

They also like self-starters on education as they have a great deal of online training programs for employees and they want you to use them aggressively. Some local managers will give you time to do this but most will tell you self-development is an option so do it on your own time. None the less they want you to do lots of self-development because expanded skill sets = expanded placement potential if they need you somewhere else. If you do not want to be constantly taking online classes off the clock then you might want to consider another company to work for.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

First, there is an online application form. After submitting the online form, I received an apt test about IBM's cognitive assessment - IPAT. It is mainly about numerical test. Afterward, I got an invitation of English written test. There are 3 parts: Reading, Listening, Writing. The listening and writing part are not difficult, but not enough time for reading part.

Interview Questions

• About the apt test. It is an numerical test.   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in June 2015.

Interview

121 phone interview with a panel of managers. They asked about current work responsibilities and then previous experiences in managing challenging accounts. Then questions about experience with a toolset they use and how proficient I was in it. Asked about my availability and when I could start.
    It was a very amiable chat and there was talk about the current issues with workload and they were looking to address this by bringing someone else onto the account.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences in delivering projects? Have you used this tool before? What is your coding like? How do you do stakeholder management   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. Refused the 1st offer and said it was too low and they had to match my current rate.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in December 2011.

Interview

Very convenient, only phone calls were needed during early phases. HR was also very easy to contact. The technical questions were also appropriate. The offer was negotiable and fair.

I/T Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

4 calls with various managers to determine technical skill level as well as personality and logic skills. All calls about an hour or so long. The interview is difficult but as long as you know some basic programming and are personable you should advance to the next step.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Intense, online application, test, assessment center for 4.5 hours on the other side on the country then a telephone interview, invited back for another 1-2-1 interview then a job offer. Phew!

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, gets more technical in the end. There were two people talking, while one of them was probably managing the other. Post interview there is an aptitude test that was pretty difficult and split into 3 different parts- all relating to different problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• If you were leading a team and they came up to you and said there was no way to make the deadline you had set. How do you approach your client?   Answer Question

IT-specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groningen (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Groningen (Netherlands)) in December 2013.

Interview

Na te zijn benaderd op LinkedIn of ik geinteresseerd was in een functie met IBM nam het regionale kantoor (Groningen) over. Daarna kreeg ik een email dat ze moesten wachten met het inhuren, daarna werd me verteld dat ze een aantal testen moesten doen omdat het inhuren opnieuw ging beginnen (dit was binnen een tijdsframe van twee weken) Nadat de testen klaar waren vroegen ze me over mijn verwachte salaris. Bleek dat ze naar middelbare scholieren of starters op zoek waren (met matchende salarissen) en me hebben geselecteerd vanwege mijn 25+ jaren ervaring, hah alsof dat kan

After being approached on LinkedIn whether or not I was interested in a function with IBM the regional office (Groningen) took over. Then I got an email that the hiring was punt on hold, after that I was told I had to do some tests as the hiring started again (this was all in a two weeks time frame). After the tests were done they asked me about the expected salary.
    Turns out they were looking for high school students or starters (and matching salaries) and selected me because of my 25+ years of experience, Go figure

Interview Questions

• Wat is je verwachte salaris.   What would be your expected salary.   1 Answer