IBM Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

1,382 Interview Reviews

2.8

1,382 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview with questions based on Machine Learning and NLP (these were relevant to the projects being offered). They also asked about my previous projects enlisted in the resume which were again relevant to ML and NLP. They also asked if I would be comfortable in programming in Java and what other languages did I use.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was professionally coordinated and centralized. The HR contacted regarding the selection status and the mentor scheduled and managed the telephonic interviews and Skype calls. Later upon selection, I had been in constant touch with the HR, the manager and my mentor for the recruitment phases.

Systems Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for IBM GTS SSR profile using employee refferal,got interview call letter.
    First day of the Selection process was two system based tests,one quantiative aptitude test another was psychometric test.
    Out of 1000 candidates they shortlisted nearly 80 candidates after the system test round.
    The second day,there was a group discussion round.27 candidates were left after completion of GD round.
    The final round of selection was a technical +hr face to face interview;finally they selected just 3 candidates .
    The first round i.e. system test was easy.Topics for group was demetisation,women empowerment.
    During the face to face round they asked mostly HR questions and some of the questions from CCNA and computer hardware.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever opened your computer,for what?   1 Answer

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

IBM follows a very disciplinary process for candidates to enter their premises, hence, the Interview is scuffle free.
    At first, HR round was conducted for preliminary screening.
    Then there was a Voice and Accent round, over a phone. This was one of the toughest rounds, because you will be assessed over grammar, pronounciation and fluency, everything based on your speech to a topic given by someone over the phone. Maximum candidates were not able to make through this round.
    Then there was a Technical Operations round, wherein you will be asked about basic computer networking topologies.

Interview Questions

• Q: Given a bond of 5 years, will you stick to this profile?
      Q: What is DHCP, how is it related to APIPA?
      Answer Question

Oracle Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

1. The company was not flexible for Skype/telephonic interview despite it being for an IT domain. They only wanted a F2F interview round
    2. Despite being told that I'm selected and taking my previous salary slips, the offer letter never came.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)).

Interview

Candidate apply for job > Call is initiated > 3 rounds of interview > Put me on hold for 1.5 months because of salary > They called me for final settlement and reduce 2lac from what they offer me as contractor > I agreed (it was big mistake) > 10 yrs of IT journey sal is only double compare of market it should be 4 times more.

Interview Questions

• Technical question related to UI Design, leadership, etc   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

the interview process took 2 days.The first round consists of general aptitude and logical questions. An additional test was taken. On the second day technichal and HR interview was there and basic questions were asked .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1 aptitude test (quantitative )
    Technical aptitude
    2 rounds of technical interviews
    1 HR round

1 technical was after the above process and a manager of a designated team interviewed.They were very much into Operating systems .

Interview Questions

• C,datastructures and operating systems   1 Answer

Applications Developer SAP ABAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Three Round Interview, it was overall good experience. Most focussed on skills rather than interpersonal skills. Asked about the questions regarding the last company recent works done. Technical questions on DDIC, BADI, Coding and forms asked. They did lot of negotiations on offering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In Managerial round, they agreed to pay negotiated salary. But over the phone again they called to negotiate further. It was totally like bhindi bazar where they are aggressively negotiating on salary.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”
                                                  - Paulo Coelho

On 10-02-2017, I got my call letter for interview. Test venue: Chennai Institute of Technology.
    On 13-02-2017,
                             I attended 1st round which consists of 3 sections.
    1st IPAT test(18-number series & 18-Quants),
    2nd Kenexa(Business English),
    3rd JAVA Simple Programming round(Mostly String operations).

IPAT & Kenexa was not a big deal, we can crack it by proper practise. Just go through previous year questions in indiabix and m4maths.

JAVA Programming round was unexpected as it was not told in any reviews. I guess we were the first to attend that round. It contains 2 test string outputs and we have to code for that.
    Some programming questions,
    1)WAP to change the first letter in every word of the string into uppercase(this was given to me).
    If input is “Hello world” then output will be “Hello World” note that they will give the input and output test cases. You have to write a code for that.
    2)WAP to search for a particular word in string.
    3)WAP to reverse a string(palindrome).
    4)WAP to find the word with maximum letters in a string.
    And refer all the string operations that found on internet.

After these rounds were done without any breaks, we were asked to wait in the conference hall. Then they announced the selected candidates for next round. We got some invitation mail also. We were asked to upload all original documents in their portal.

On 14-02-2017,
                             We were asked to come at 9.00 AM. There were total of 6 panels of HR. I was interviewed at 2nd panel. There was no separate TR&HR. Only one round was there.
                             My HR was a nice person, He greeted me with smile and made me comfortable.
    First, I was asked to tell him about myself. Then, He asked me to write any program I knew. Then, He asked me to rate myself in analytical skills. I said 7 out of 10. He gave me 3 puzzles(note: stick with your answer even if you feel it is wrong. Don’t change the answer. He will twist you). Then, He asked me one DBMS query.
    Finally, He asked, “Any Questions”. I said “No”. And he shook my hand and asked me to leave.
    Then I was called to another room where the original documents were verified. And I gave my Bio-metrics(finger prints). And then another gentleman sat beside me whispered “You are shortlisted”. I asked him twice to confirm that I was selected. Because I had faced many rejections before that. I was on cloud nine.
    Then, they sent some forms to fill for background verification.

On 20-02-2017, I got my “Expression of Interest” letter. And I’m eagerly waiting for my Offer letter.

Tips:
    1)Take all original documents & mark sheets. Scan all of them and take it in pen drive also.
    2)While uploading originals, make all scanned documents in to a single pdf file and then uplod it.
    3)After clearing first round, You will have 99% chance to become an IBMer. So don't get nervous in TR&HR round. Because it looks like just a formality round. Speak confidently and speak without any major grammar mistakes.
    4)Prepare your CV/Resume attractive and be genuine. It is your question paper. Most of the questions will be asked according to your CV/Resume only.
    5)Don't miss the coupon given to you. That's your identity in those 2 days of selection process.
    6)Learn about IBM. History,Inventions, Why it is called Big blue?, What is WATSON?, IBM founder, CEO, Current trend in company, What is your job role, etc.,(These questions may be asked in interview).

All the best friends. If you are not selected, don't feel sad. You will deserve more than this. I was unemployed for 8 months & I deserve this. :) Everything will come to you at right time.

Interview Questions

• Write a query to delete all duplicate data in a table?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

Interview

First round was group discussion followed by technical and HR interviews. The technical interview was a telephonic interview where in computer based questions were asked. Your C base will be checked in this round. And in HR interview they asked me to talk about myself and talk about any topic that I want to. It was a very good experience and was very well organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you can communicate well and very confident in your answers