IBM Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was told that I passed the first screening weeks later. Got an email saying that I was to take an online test within the next 5 business days that I would be receiving "soon". 5 days later, I have to yet to receive said link and had no contact info for the recruiter from the first email that they sent me, so I attempted to email through IBM's general support site and was greeted with either an automated response or a response from someone who did not even attempt to read my email and responded based on the subject field. I then managed to find only the recruiter's name who sent me the email, on the application site of all places (but there was no email or any other contact info). I looked up the recruiter's name in the company directory and emailed them and not surprisingly got no response whatsoever. The company has forgotten to send me the test and all my efforts to contact them have been useless. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• I never received the coding test that I was supposed to take.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM. I will definitely try again and apply for IBM. I am not stopping anyone from applying to IBM. Just sharing my experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions were asked. Interview process was held on campus. Applied for 10 different positions got reject for all of them. An unfriendly reject emails from IBM.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic undergrad level computer science. Data structures and Algorithm. There were subject specific questions. I applied for formal verification domain. So, there were questions on model checking. The interviewers were friendly. They give you a broad picture of what to expect during the interview process. The hiring manager called me and he also asked questions on various topics. The overall internship was organised very well. The total duration of my stay was 4 months. I strongly recommend to apply to IBM Research lab. We filed a patent and submitted a research paper out of the internship work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was over the phone. It was very friendly, professional, informative and comprehensive. Not nerve wrecking at all. My interviewer made sure I understood the role details and asked relevant questions to see if I fit the requirements well. My HR recruiter was really helpful and quick during the process which made it a pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• What the relevant previous projects that I worked on were   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Gave an aptitude test for an hour mostly consisting sequences and fraction problems. These problems are quite tricky and will require some amount preparation. Checked on the portal for status which was changed to reject after 4 months.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a Phone interview, where general questions about past experience and current goals were asked. They also asked about the courses i was studying university. The next round was a personal interview where more technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you can do that very few people in the world can?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Istanbul (Turkey)).

Interview

Only one step. Invited by phone call. Interview took place in the office. Was not very long. More like a conversation. They mostly described the company, job itself and what they expect for.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Littleton, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Basic core java questions and detailed screening of projects on resume. The difficulty level of an interview was average. Manager was more interested in the projects i did in spring MVC and node js

Interview Questions

• explain polymorphism in java? explain abstraction in java   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Stuttgart (Germany)).

Interview

Sehr angenehmes Gespräch; keine unerwarteten Fragen.
    Zuerst kurze Vorstellung, anschließend habe ich mich vorgestellt und meinen Lebenslauf kurz wiedergegeben. Allgemeine Fragen bezogen auf den Lebenslauf. Fragen zu den vorherigen Tätigkeiten. Danach wurde die Stelle nochmals genau beschrieben und erläutert. Aufgabenbereich etc.. Fragen meinerseits wurden ebenfalls gerne beantwortet.
    Vergütung ist nicht verhandelbar

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioural, really straightforward and pretty easy questions, chilled atmosphere. Wouldn't get too stressed for it. The test before the interview was really challenging though. The algebra was fine albeit you don't have much time so you have to rush. The pattern part was really difficult though.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you encountered conflict   1 Answer