IBM Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic undergrad level computer science. Data structures and Algorithm. There were subject specific questions. I applied for formal verification domain. So, there were questions on model checking. The interviewers were friendly. They give you a broad picture of what to expect during the interview process. The hiring manager called me and he also asked questions on various topics. The overall internship was organised very well. The total duration of my stay was 4 months. I strongly recommend to apply to IBM Research lab. We filed a patent and submitted a research paper out of the internship work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hursley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hursley, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

1. Online application with mini-essays – Relatively extensive and time-consuming, where it seems that one's motivations and communications skills are assessed
    2. Online cognitive test – Test similar to an IQ test, with numerical and logical exercises. Seems to be important for IBM in choosing among applicants.
    3. One-day on site assessment center – Two individual interviews, group problem-solving exercises, case essay writing, etc. Challenging, but not meant to trick the applicant.

Interview Questions

• They put forward sample cases and problems related to this, and asked us to propose solutions, both in writing and during an oral interview. In addition, I was asked about details regarding experiences in my CV and other application documents.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had an assessment day at IBM and found my experience a challenging but engaging experience. The day consisted of one on one interviews, a one-to-one presentation about what I knew and liked about IBM and few group assessment tasks that were overlooked by a panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Which of the current projects that IBM is working on currently interest you the most and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Winchester, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

You got taken around their winchester location and sat down first thing for a mathematical test to ensure you didn't cheat on the online test. After that, you have lunch and you have two interviews in the afternoon, one technical interview and one with HR. You also get thrown in a group and asked to solve an issue to see how you fare in group work.

Interview Questions

• When we were thrown in a group we needed to work out a problem. To do this we all sat around and looked at it individually opposed to properly working as a group.   1 Answer