IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017
1,432 Interview Reviews

1,432 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 hour online interview, They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Junior Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I have met IBM at a career fair. I have applied online for the junior devops position. I got a hirevuew interview challenge. It was basic behavior and coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Anyone can solve the coding challenge. Once solved they kept me in list of applicants on hold. They said they hired and can not move forward. To tell me that information they took 2 months.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

There was 3 interviews back to back with 3 different people. One is a case and the other 2 are behavioral. The behavioral questions were just going over your resume and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• The case questons are all different based on what position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Submitted application sometime in October and was contacted shortly after to provide further information. Was notified in December that I was selected for an interview with a program a manager. Interview was done over video chat and was very conversational. Was the notified toward the end of January that I made it past the first round and they would try and find a host city manager to interview with. Haven't heard back, but have been told that this stage can take quite some time.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a team member having an out of the box idea that others are oppose to? How would you deal with it if you were that employee with the idea?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online, received a response about a week later to set up a Skype interview that consisted of mainly technical questions. Was then referred to another recruiter to interview for another position within the company. Have not heard anything since then.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got a difficult digital interview from IBM. I think that is hard. I think most of the questions are hard for an undergraduate student to answer. Overall, it was a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate the performance of a regression prediction model as opposed to a classification prediction model?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Gave an aptitude test for an hour mostly consisting sequences and fraction problems. These problems are quite tricky and will require some amount preparation. Checked on the portal for status which was changed to reject after 4 months.

Security Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Had an On-phone interview with a very friendly person. He looked through my resume and asked me to talk about it. There were a few behavioral questions and a few tech questions about Network Security.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you work with groups? Give an example.   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Stockton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

A phone screen followed by an assessment. The assessment consists of strong analytical and mathematical questions in the line of GRE. Probably the test was for 2 hours with around 50 multiple choice questions.