IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017
1,650 Interview Reviews

1,650 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2016.

Interview

They will send an email with an interview link to hirevue. You will have 15 days to finish it but only one chance. There is 13 questions and most of them are technical related instead of general behavioral question(They said general questions in the process explanation email. This general mean general statistics and data analysis questions.)

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial application accepted, invited for analytic testing. Passed analytic testing, invited for Excel and Word testing. Passed Excel and Word tested, invited for in person panel interview with three people with similar job titles in surrounding cities and the HR manager.

Well, the interview lasted about 10 minutes because half the questions they asked pertained to my experience working on things that WERE NOT mentioned in the job description. The job description made not mention about experience with budget preparation, budget management, or budget analysis, yet 4 of the 9 questions from the panel asked about my knowledge and experience with various aspects of budgets.
    How about making the questions in the interview relevant to the skills and duties mentioned in the job description?
    Also, after making it to the final 7 people out of at least 100, would have been nice to get a courtesy email letting me know I didn't make it.
    What a joke.

Interview Questions

• What is the experience we know you don't with this thing that we didn't mention in the job description but is, in fact, the most important responsibility of the job?   Answer Question

SAP Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied online, 2-3 months later got an email back asking to take an assessment. After completing that, had one phone interview. Tough interview, seemed like they were expecting me to be an expert on SAP even though it was marked as an entry level position.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I have the web interview include 3 programming problems and 5 behavior problems. All of them are online. You need use a webcam to record you answer. When dealing with programming problem , it is better to do them on the IDE first, and then paste the answer to the web.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. I was emailed a few weeks later and asked to fill out the online assessment. I feel like I did terrible on it. Lots of logic and patterns. I would be surprised if I got a positive response.

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM in September 2017.

Interview

First the interviewer described the different subdivisions that work on their z systems. Then we went over my resume and discussed my experiences with all of my past internships and projects. Finally he asked if I had any questions where I asked what a typical day is like and what are the typical career paths people take after a few years in this role.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Overall excellent. good disucssion, on technical, total 4 rounds ... Followed by HR discussion. team asked for details exp , usual refering of profile with examples. Should be prepare for soft skills questions.

Entry Level Software Developer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds for interview process (1) technical (2) behavioral. Interviews were very friendly and explain all about a company. Overall experience was nice. Both rounds last around 20 min. There's two option to choose between face to face interview or telephonic interview.

Interview Questions

• Inheritance, Linked List, Array, about last project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview practice, first is automated, second is with a developer, and third was a behavioral. They flew out candidates to a 2 day finish line event and made offers to 95% of the candidates. For those who didn't get offers, wasted two days listening to company baptizing.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It had three rounds ,First was telephonic round and second was face to face full technical and third was HR it was great experience .They have asked mostly on my previous project role and technical questions. How large is the team and flexibility to extend and work

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you have faced in your project till now   Answer Question