IBM Associate Partner/Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Associate Partner/Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an opportunity to interview with IBM for consulting/transformation positions. I was kind of disappointed that despite being an internal referral, the whole interview process took over 90 days plus and I was connecting with people in person that I had already spoken over the phone. There was no emphasis put in to connect me with the right folks who had a better understanding of my background as well as aligning me with the right opportunity.

There was a gap of over a month or so to connect with each interviewer, interestingly enough all interviewers were local. Then during the in-person session, I had to wait for over 30 mins or so to connect with the interviewer. The rest of the sessions were also conducted in haste and were poorly planned. One interviewer was preparing for his GMAT and was really not in the frame of mind. What really threw me off was that a person with 12-15 years of experience was interviewing with candidates who were in 7-9 years work experience bracket. Although smart, but they could not comprehend or connect the dots.

In general, I would recommend to ensure the role you are interviewing for, the level, who are you going to connect with in-person, what's their background and so forth to avoid a very lengthy cycle of interviews.