IBM UNIX SME (Subject Matter Expert) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

UNIX SME (Subject Matter Expert) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager initiated chat request to set up phone interview with her and current UNIX SME. Conducted interview the next day in conference call with hiring manager and a different UNIX SME., which took about 1/2 an hour. The UNIX SME asked technical questions re: AIX (my strongest OS) commands, and general questions re: Solaris (zones). Although I didn't know all the answers right away, hiring manager prompted me to talk about what I do when I don't know the answers; run man commands, check AIX manual online, and google, and UNIX SME said he does the same thing.

Hiring manager asked about relocation, and I answered I was willing to relocated due to my interest in continuing working for IBM and in area of additional responsibility. I thought the interview was successful, and thought we were all mutually happy with each other.

2 days later, hiring manager requested phone call to confirm I would be willing to accept salary range she could offer. I said yes, and she proceeded with paperwork. Phone call was about 5 minutes.

Processing my application at the next level of management and HR took about 2 weeks; unfortunately, they did not approve, and an offer was not extended.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to move to Columbia, MO ?   1 Answer