IBM CBD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer CBD Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews and it was in-person. There were three parts each one on one with a different interviewer. The first part was the design challenge. IBM submitted to me a fictional scenario of shoe customization company that was hoping to increase sales. I was tasked with designing a digital solution based on the user research they supplied. During this part of the interview, the interviewer challenged every aspect of my design proposal, and I had to explain my reasoning and thinking. The next part of the interview was my portfolio presentation. This was very casual and informal. In fact, I didn't even present all of my projects because the interviewer was asking me questioning and sharing ideas. Finally, there was the cultural interview. I was asked many questions about how I work with different people and respond to challenges. The interview was on a Friday, and I received a letter notifying me I didn't get the position the following Monday. From my initial application to the rejection letter, the whole process was about a month.

CBD Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

There were three parts with a different interviewer doing each part: 1) Very easy case study about how you'd improve sales of a product. 2) Questions about previous work experience 3) behavioral based interview. It was very generic. There were no surprises. If you've done other job interviews, this one will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince the business your solution was the best   Answer Question

CbD College Entry Level Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Found job on my college job board. Applied online through the link to an external website provided. I was then contacted by a recruiter from IBM that invited me to interview onsite in Herndon. Interview process consisted of 3 behavioral interviews and one case study.

Interview Questions

• Very generic behavior questions, such as "describe a time that you resolved a conflict with a team member" or "describe your greatest weakness". Case study was easy as well. The goal of the interviewers was to see how your problem solving skills work. I don't think I've had an easier interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially was contacted after submitting online application. Time sensitive emails are sent out and you must respond within 48 hours. No phone screen, simply selected and provided a travel package to interview at their VA location.

The interview consisted of three 30 minute one-on-one interviews. One technical, one behavioral and one case.
    Technical: What is polymorphism, what is inheritance, draw out the software development lifecycle, what types of development do you like the most, what is a project at IBM that you would like to work on?
    Behavioral: Asked questions about handling problem situations (Have you had to deal with a bad group member, how do you deal with an angry customer?)
    Case: You are given a network diagram of a website and asked several questions about how to handle different scenarios such as, the client is experience large amounts of lag time on the pages, after fixing that problem the client wants to add addition features to the page.

Overall an easy process. The case questions is something I had not encountered before so I over prepared with Victor Chengs LOMS. If you have not done case interviews before I would recommend looking at his material. It provides a good case framework.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really that unexpected. All fairly basic, they are mainly looking to get to know you. Look at my description for the types of questions they asked.   Answer Question

CBD Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied at random for the CBD program and was contacted by HR 5 months later. At that point in time I had already secured a position but was still happy to hear from HR. My first interview consisted of walking through the CBD program and the consultant lifestyle as well as my resume. After about 2 weeks I was informed that I would be flown to NYC for a 3 part rotating interview, one case study, one behavioral interview and one interview about why IBM and CBD. I thought it went OK and could have gone either way but I was informed a week later that I was not selected

Interview Questions

• Case Question: How many boxes of cereal are consumed in New England each Month?   Answer Question

CBD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

process took +4 weeks , attended a networking event at carleton university where I met employees and got referred to the company. I applied online then received an interview invitation 1 or 2 weeks later. The interview was about 45 mins and all behavioral questions. It was my first interview so I didn't do the best and didn't get an offer.
    the interviewers were friendly.

Consultant CbD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

2 stages. Very casual. Mainly looking for leadership, initiative, curiosity and charm. Overally very easy and as long as you're a curious, smart and leadership kind of candidate, you're in.

GBS CBD Consultant Interview

Interview

Had a phone screen and then 3 face to face interviews a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

Interview

Having applied through my college recruiting program, the interview process consisted of a one-day, in-person interview process. This process consisted of three one-on-one interviews: two behavioral and one case. The first behavioral dealt mainly with my resume and how I had gone beyond existing expectations (with regard to extracurricular organizations and projects). Also, this interviewer also asked about the basics: major, GPA, etc. The second behavioral was more fluid and focused more on my leadership experience; I also had the opportunity during this time to ask many questions I had of IBM. Finally, the case interview was rather straight-forward: the case dealt with being able to analyze whether a company should enter into a new consumer market for which it was ill-prepared (i.e. no experience in this market, no branding, no infrastructure to produce good for this market) and being able to qualitatively and quantitatively justify your answer. I was then informed that I could be contacted for a further phone or in-person interview as a followup, or I could be given an offer without a followup.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Typically new college hires are not able to negotiate.