IBM Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2017

927 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Overall excellent. good disucssion, on technical, total 4 rounds ... Followed by HR discussion. team asked for details exp , usual refering of profile with examples. Should be prepare for soft skills questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Entry level business analytics consultant (CbD): The process wasn't difficult. I went through university hire and there were 3 rounds. Of those rounds, they consisted of a case study type of answer and question, personality and behavioral (asked about resume, other questions, etc.). I ended up receiving an offer fairly soon and accepted it because the position seemed promising and challenging.

Strategy Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY).

Interview

Two on campus interviews followed by three back to back on site interviews. The interviews covered a wide variety of styles and methods. I think interviewers were careful to portray different personalities to see how adaptable candidates are.

Interview Questions

• Several case questions about economic and business cases   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews - two behavioral and one case. The interviewers I had were polite and each session was a standard, run-of-the-mill job interview. The experience was long considering it took them over a month to get back, but enjoyable nonetheless.

GBS Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Standard interview process for on-campus recruiting for college seniors. 3 interviews back to back after a career fair. Received a congratulatory email before the end of the week. Everyone was easy to talk to and seemed more interested in trying to get to know you, rather than trying to stump you.

Interview Questions

• Very simple case question: how can Newco increase its profits?   1 Answer

Consultant - Blockchain Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position. Then, a second recruiter called and said I would not be suitable for the position for my lack of professional experience. It seemed like a typical strategy to wean people out, but I had a lot to say, so I described my experience and passion for technology, and I asked to be put through anyway, especially since a previous recruiter had asked me to apply. I was then in contact with two other recruiters who helped me schedule interviews for the rest of the process. This next step involved a simple phone call with someone in the practice, and we had to reschedule several times for some reason. I was not optimistic with these signs, but I was persistent, so I continued to reschedule. After the successful phone call, we moved onto an in-person interview held at a cafe near the interviewer's office. He was late but courteous. My doubts about the application process (as a result of the logistics up to this point) were dispelled by the viewpoints of my interviewers about the company and their teams. Following this, I was scheduled for an on-site interview; although it was not strictly necessary, as I had interviewed in person already, I thought it best to have another point of contact. The interviews in the office were very smooth, and I had someone on the team helping with the logistics, so the whole process that day was very smooth. The last few emails with recruiters after that point were quick, and within a couple of weeks after that, I received a call about an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate. They're fair.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and relaxed. Contacted by an individual at the company (informal conversation), then was contacted by the recruiter. Interviewed and was offered the position days later. Took longer than expected hearing back but still reasonable, my one complaint was they didn't meet the deadlines they told applicants but overall still good experience.

Interview Questions

• Very casual conversation, typical interview and portfolio presentation. Nothing out of the norm for behavioral. The challenge was the most nerve wracking but it was actually fun! Stay positive and just have fun.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Recruiter scheduled call
    3. Telephone interview with Manager
    4. Telephone interview with Peer Manager
    5. Video interview with another manager

Total Time: 2 months

Comments:
    These interviews were over a two month period and after each interview there was little feedback. Finally, after the last interview I had to check my status on the Career site to see the job was on "HOLD" and "Under Manager Review". IBMers on Quora said this meant I was still under consideration. A few weeks later with still no word from the recruiter, I checked again and found the "JOB WAS CANCELED".

I had expected more from IBM after going through 4 interviews and I am not impressed and wary of ever applying for another position given their current recruiting processes as well as the company itself. IBM has strayed far from its well known status as being one of the best tech companies to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide younger co-workers to speak with customers for insights rather than just GOOGLE-ing for an answer?   Answer Question

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick, very prompt with timings. Had a great interview with room to explain my views on the subject. Had 4 rounds and the difficulty level increased as the levels pass. HR and offer process was very slow. Took more than 2 weeks to even talk about numbers.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of this job and role?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straight forward. Applied through my school, on campus interview. Found out 1 week later. The interviewers were very nice. You should be prepared to ask them a lot of questions or you will sit there in awkward silence. Case interview was a profit/loss case