IBM Information Technology Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Very brief and informal. When a hiring manager wants to hire you, everything is fast-tracked. The hiring manager went out of town and directed two guys to interview me. The first was a phone screen and the second was in-person. Both individuals were under the impression I was already hired.

Junior IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in June 2017.

Interview

I applied to IBM through the website in early May. About a week later I received an email for the assessment portion of the process. After taking the assessment, I got another email from a recruiting partner for times for a phone interview. The phone interview was 2 part interview. My first part was with a hiring manager, and the other with HR. The first part was mostly getting to know me and my skills. The manager went straight down my resume and asked questions as needed. This portion is seeing what you know, so if you don't know something don't try and beat around the bush. I thought the interview went great and lasted about an hour. The second was mostly behavioral questions, like "Why IBM?" or "What do you know about IBM?" Pretty straight forward. That was on June 2nd 2017. Two weeks later I emailed the recruiting partner for an update, she said she should have details the following week. I emailed her again at the end of the week for an update an no response. I emailed her again 2 weeks and no response. So I am still waiting but I don't have my hopes up for this. If something comes up I'll update this review.

IT Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was interviewed one time, about two or three weeks after I applied. My interviewers were three of my future managers. The were friendly and to the point, which was nice. Overall a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• They essentially asked me a lot about things on my resume, described some ways in which they thought I might be able to help them, and then asked how I thought I would do that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

5 rounds of 15 minutes each with various people. We rotated to different rooms. I did it with a bunch of other college students so there were roughly 50 of us there.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Face to face interview setting together with 3 PMs, asking tech questions ( in Java) as well as software development flow questions ( agile, scrum, TDD, etc). Took around 2 hours, 1 round.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was easier than expected.

The first interview started off with the recruiter and I getting to know each other's background. After about 15 minutes, he asked some general questions - location preference, graduation date, etcetera. We then went into a role play scenario where I acted as a current saleswoman and he was a client. This was to gauge my thought process in how I approached the customer's needs, thought about their wants vs needs and making sure I gathered all information necessary to provide the best product and deal.

After a couple of weeks, the recruiter handling me informed me that a manager in my area wanted to speak with me. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and included us getting to know each other. He mentioned the different tasks he had in mind for me to do, I guess to see where I was on the spectrum of being able to complete them, and I received an offer not too long afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that I am a potential client and a friend of ours recommended you to me to talk about a product I am seeking. Lead a conversation with me of how you think this should go.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straightforward phone interview. Couple of questions about yourself,projects, and leadership. After that there were some behavioral questions. Most Behavior questions were "if you cant do this then what will you do". Do some reseach and have a reason for applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What projects did you do? Conflicts within a group work?Leadership roles?
      If you dont know how to teach someone how do you teach that person?
      If you have a question on something you're doing, what do you do?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

there was a phone interview by the recruiter
    then another phone interview by the IT staff leader
    then there was an assessment to complete
    then there was a personality test
    then there was an in-person group interview
    then there was a phone call to make an offer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Not very technical. Starts with phone screen with HR. IT is followed by in-person interview with multiple rounds. All conducted in same day.I had 3 rounds of interview with 3 different people. Nothing was mentioned about the project I would be working on.

IT Specialist Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (State College, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

First I approached IBM at my college career fair and they offered me an invite only dinner that night for more networking. After that, I was called for an on-campus interview with two people They extended me a second round interview offer on the spot. The second rounds also took place on campus and involved two behavioral interviews and one case study. The overall experience was professional and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee on a team your leading that isn't doing their work?   Answer Question