IBM Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Change Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

After a basic tech skills screen, the knowledgeable recruiter set up two phone interviews with hiring managers in separate teams. Each conversation lasted about an hour. They were both instructional and provided immediate feedback. The culture seems to be collaborative in nature. I spoke to one tech implementation specialist and one human resources process developer. Although they posted that they were looking for younger talent, it seems they are more interested in acquiring a 5 - 10 years experienced talent.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a two step interview process. First step was a phone interview. Second step was a behavioral interview followed by a technical interview all done on the same day.

Senior Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Heavy OB / Org Psych focus
    First round: informational / get to know interview with Associate Partner
    Second round: informational phone interview with a consultant
    Third and final round:
    Group case + two individual interviews (strategy case & behavioral)

The overall process was light, positive, and very different from what I expected.

Waiting for final result now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with IBM Technical lead. Once that is cleared next is the interview by client's technical focal along with IBM Technical lead. After background verification offer was received. After interview with client manager it took around 2 weeks to complete background verification.

Interview Questions

• What is LDAP and what do you think about recursive searches in LDAP.   Answer Question

Management Consultant (Strategy & Change) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a back-to-back phone interview with two people. The first was a case interview and the second was a behavioral interview. Each interview took half an hour each.

Following the phone interview I was called in for a day long on-site interview at Boston. We had a group discuss with three other interviewees. This was followed by two one-on-one interviews with partners and principals. One was a case interview which was moderately difficult with very little number crunching. The second was a fit interview.

I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the partner's gave me a case which was created from her personal experience with an automotive company. She gave me the high level problem and asked me to provide her with an approach to tackle the problem.

The problem related to a design process of a product prototype. The goal was to reduce the time and resources it took to design the prototype.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Arlington, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

There was one intitial phone interview that was really just a screening interview with HR. Then HR emailed to say that they wanted to set up three additional phone interviews with managers from the prospective group. Each person was interesting and courteous. The interviews tended to be behavioral, except for the third, which was case-based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as a member of a team and things were not going well. What did you do to improve the situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Interview

After a long application process, I was invited to attend an assessment center in Portsmouth. The day was long and we had to overcome a confirmatory IPAT test and a group task, quite difficult and unsolvable probably. HR obviously looked for behaviors rather that capabilities to deal with the problem and provide solutions.

Interview Questions

• The group task was extremely complex and in terms the team had a "no-participation"member success was impossible-plus the situation management was even worse   Answer Question

consultant junior en performance management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bois-Colombes (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bois-Colombes (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

Deux entretiens avec des managers dans le but de mieux connaitre les formations et les expériences du candidat ainsi que les motivation pour le post proposé plus des questions classiques généralement sur le CV

Interview Questions

• des questions classiques sur les formations et les expériences   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2010.

Interview

De sollicitatieprocedure was om verschillende redenen een verschrikkelijke ervaring:

- De lengte van de procedure was 3 maanden, en dat vond mijn manager vrij snel.

- Er waren tussen het eerste en het laatste gesprek veranderingen aan de arbeidsvoorwaarden (het voordelenpakket), waardoor ik op het laatste gesprek opnieuw over het pakket moest onderhandelen.

- De HR- (wervings-)mensen waren zeer inflexibel.

Interview Questions

• Geen, het draaide allemaal om onderhandelen en proberen in te passen in de bestaande en veranderende processen en tijdlijnen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Zeer weinig ruimte om te onderhandelen, HR was zeer inflexibel en leek zelfs vijandig tegenover mij als kandidaat. De bedrijfsleider die mij inhuurde voor zijn team moest overal de scherpe kantjes afhalen om dit pijnlijke proces tot een goed einde te brengen. Maar als je deze fase doorkomt, is het de moeite waard.