IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was over the phone, very pleasant with the main Manager, the team project lead and creative director. The Project Manager lead was asking me most of the questions about my previous experience, methodology I used and software.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview started with a phone screen with the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in for a full day of interviews with different teams in the group. I had a few more chats with the hiring manager over the phone and was told that we would be "moving forward" (strongly implied that I got the job). I completed the background check and passed. After several weeks of waiting to receive a formal offer letter, I was told that the company was on a hiring "pause" and that they could no longer move forward.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate difficult people to complete assigned tasks?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Introduction followed by agenda with time left for questions and answer. Next steps discussed along with timeline. Deal breakers also reviewed. e.g. travel expected monday-thursday

RAD Executive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and got screened a week later. Interviewed with one of the decision makers through Skype. Questions were based more on recommending products rather than process improvement. I got the feeling they were looking for something different. Then the interviewer basically came out and in a stressed out manner, described being a dog for some manager for 2 years before getting into his position now as an Exec Project Manager. I basically summarized the position was not project management at all, but rather a glorified sales positions that is stressful and you have a quota to meet by selling "solutions" to clients. The whole IBM climate is based on their name brand to sell cloud solutions that doesn't really meet the needs of clients. Being a person who is process improvement driven and ethical, I felt the position was not suitable for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the selling point of the cloud services you recommended.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The entire process from resume submission until I received an offer letter took almost 6 months. No pre-screening - my first interview was with a portfolio manager, the following one with the manager. Both very professional.
    I was invited to the orientation session with a minimal lead time (1-2 business days) where air travel was required. The orientation session was totally useless (waste of time). The only benefit of it was to get a laptop, a badge, and to provide required documents.

Interview Questions

• I was hit by questions including terminology commonly used at IBM. Especially abbreviations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation whatsoever. On my application form (resume submission) I put my expected salary. My offer letter included the

IGlobal Infrastructure Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

very detail process, too much deep into, the inter4viewer was very much into detail., was a phone interview, the interviewer was very much into details hands on questions, the interviewer has background on project policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Lifecycle process   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2016.

Interview

Received call to interview with staffing agency. Waited a few weeks to get a phone screen with IBM. Was hired on the phone with the hiring manager and managing consultant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The multiple person interview process focused on my background and technical experience. The interviewers emphasized the need for adaptability. There was also a request for multiple professional references.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

Normal as any big companies like Dell, HP, Fujitsu, Asus, Toshiba. It took 40 minutes the whole interview. This is nothing to worry about it, just be yourself! But, you must dress accordingly

Interview Questions

• About your skills and work experience   1 Answer