IBM SQL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM SQL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

MS SQL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was good, hired for something and working for something, due to lack of projects. Now doing a different functional role and stuck in between. Wish they were more transparent while hiring. I have wasted my career joining IBM

Interview Questions

• basic sql questions which i ended up answering a lot. It was like school days   Answer Question

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Noida (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Multiple rounds, telephonic,one to one, written, technical. All of them included. Panel incorporated
    behavioral-style interviewing and in some instances (i.e., consulting) case interviews — these help them gain insight what candidates have accomplished, what skills they possess, and how deep their experience goes .

Interview Questions

• Focus at candidate individual thought process apart the facts presented in resume about your candidature.   1 Answer

PL/SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Kolkata (India)) in October 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of interview were carried out - technical and HR (PDM). After I was through with technical round and selected for PDM round. PDM round result was not declared on the same day and I was told that I will be informed within 2-3 working days. In between I was further informed that everything is under process and I have to wait for 5 working days. But its now 7 working days and I havent heard anything from the company. Not sure what happened.

Interview Questions

• You must have heard of Layoff in IT. How will you handle if you face this kind of situation?   1 Answer

PL/SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was invited by a staffing agency to attend the interview at 9 AM. Also the name of the contact person from IBM HR was given in the invitation mail. When I arrived at 8:45 AM, huge mass was already standing is queue. Upon querying some 2-3 persons, got to know everyone's interview was scheduled at 9 AM "sharp" ! ! ! Anyway after waiting nearly 2 hrs., I got chance to enter the building.
    2 important points here to note :

1) You are not allowed to carry your backpack / even plastic bag inside IBM premises. Most ridiculous thing is that they don't even allow a place within the entire Panchshil Tech Park. You will be just shown roadside tea stalls opposite the park that was already ready with numbered coupons. Great tie up !!

2) If you are an alert person and wearing helmet while riding 2wheelers, shamefully IBM don't appreciate that and your helmet will be treated as your backpack and NOT ALLOWED INSIDE !!!

Hope no need to mention that your vehicle is also not allowed and has to be parked far if you want to avoid towing it away by Police. The entire stretch in front of park is "no parking zone".

By the way, upon clearing the initial barriers, I got a chance finally to face the HR representative. I was asked to be present in different tower (building). Interview was running at snail speed. After waiting nearly 3 hours, at 2 PM, one lady from HR informed the cause of delay is due to only 2 people is present from panel. By that time, everyone is hungry and lost energy / interest to face the interview. I waited few more hours only to be said rudely by the lady HR - "if you wish you can stay or if you wish you can leave - I cannot say how soon the interview will be done". She closed the room door in front of me without bothering to answer my further questions. Finally at 5:30, I left the premises being exhausted without attending the interview.