IBM Technical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with Hiring Manager in person. Based on referral. Smooth interview. Not intimidating. Phone interview with peers to get background and fit. Part of the vetting process to see if I was a fit for the team. HR inflexible on negotiation of salary due to recommendation of hiring manager reasoning.

L2 Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

One of the easiest interview processes I've experienced for a technical position. One in-person one-on-one interview, one phone interview with multiple managers, no technical interview. Process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone on your team was slacking off? What if that doesn't work? And what if THAT doesn't work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

IBM corporation called me,I schedule a phone interview. The guy asked me if i was ready for some Technical questions, off course i said yes. Asked about 25 Technical questions.

I Didn't answer enough correct,he told me right away. He was pretty respectful and told me what i need to revise for future opportunity.

Interview Questions

• what is different btw TCP/IP and UDP
      whats DNS?
      Whats a Router?
    • 3 way hand-shake?
      What's NAT
      some Linux commands?
      What's a subnet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

My interview consisted of the interviewer going down a list of questions to assess my level of skills for doing the job for which I was applying for. The interviewer wanted very detailed answers.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (South Goa (India)).

Interview

1st round was the Free speech round where you would be given a atopic to speak on and you have to speak on it for atleaat about 5 minutes.
    2nd round : Telephonic conversation round again included a situation based conversation.
    3rd round : Telephonic Technical interview, included basic networking and computer hardware concepts
    4th round : HR round was the last round

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join IBM?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three rounds-
    1. General screening by the IBM HR - Self introduction only here generally.
    2. Second was English voice and accent test - thought process, fluency and accent tests where you would be asked to speak on a few topics. You would be marked on 5 or 10 in these tests, i believe.
    3. Third was the Operations Manager round you are asked some basic troubleshooting questions and checked for your stability and attitude. A Tip here: Remember to remember the manager's name as thanking him by name at the end of the round works miracles. "The sweetest sound in the world for a person is the name of his/her name" ;)

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting questions on technical knowledge. All other queries are directed towards character assessment.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Process was long, but in general it was good. Interview was done in person at IBM office, a test was also done to validate the technical and English knowledge. Some phases were done via Phone with the team located in the US.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was,campus pool interview. We had to wait right from the morning to evening to start the interview. The first round was a group discussion round. There were 15 members in each group. The only person selected from my grp was me. They selected only one person frm each grp. The second round was telephonic rnd. Communication skills were highly checked. Third round was also a telephonic rnd with hr manager. Technical questions based on n/w , ip address etc., were asked

Interview Questions

• Wat do u answer if u dont get connected to internet.
      Tell me about women empowerment.
      Why is education important.
      1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Fluent , Friendly and completely professional. PI consisted of very comfortable environment and entire process was felicitated as described before. no time lags at any point and results declared in time span of few minutes post each round.

Interview Questions

• 1- What are your Hobbies?
      2- Why do you want to join IBM?

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vijayawada (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Vijayawada (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

One of the best Interview process I have attended.Happy to be a part of IBM.
    The interview process is designed to test the skills of a candidate.
    Very professional and healthy recruitment process.