IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017
6,050 Interview Reviews

2.8

HR Admininstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very good I had the time of my life having this super fluent amazing cheerful interview with this super handsome IBM recruiter. Shame I didn't ask his Facebook and twitter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could have asked for a million, but I didn't was so superduppy happy to work at IBM that the salary didn't matter at all for me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, first they have you do a coding test. Then it was IBM IPAT Test. The second test was the harder part in my opinion. You were given only 45 seconds for each questions and although some questions were fairly easy, there were some tricky questions that you might need a bit more time on. I received the rejection email a bit afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Choose the number that comes next in the series: 3,6,9,12,15,18   1 Answer

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied by filling out a simple application form - no CVs or cover letters. I heard back around a week later inviting me to an assessment centre in London in about 10 days time.

There were 12 of us there, split into two groups. I was in a group of 5 for some reason. We did two exercises - the first consisted of pitching an idea for an app to assessors, with time for brainstorming and preparation before a 10 minute presentation. The second exercise asked us to solve a maths problem as a group. The maths problem was very difficult, we didn't complete it in time.

Afterwards, we were asked to wait for roughly 45 minutes before they came in and announced the successful candidates. Only 2 of the 13 progressed, I was not one of them.

It can feel quite brutal, but the assessors are all reasonably friendly and it's not really all that stressful. I followed all the advice I read online - offering to write and keep time, taking the lead etc and was still unsuccessful despite what I thought was a good performance. So I think going in you need to accept that mathematically your odds of being accepted are very low. Honestly just be yourself and try to contribute, help the group and lead the discussion if you can. What I will say though is don't try and dominate the conversation - we had another unsuccessful candidate who tried to do that and I definitely got the vibe that the assessors weren't impressed.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

i got selected by this company to work for IBM for contract 18months after clearing all rounds they said u r rejected because they want some money from every student they are selecting they will give eligibility as 2015 16 passout but if 2014 passout will pay money they will give training to them they will give training if dogs will pay money to them when i sat there for 2 days some students talking in phone like once GD is over they will get direct call from manipal u can go there directly like that they are talking in the phone they dont need students talent they will need only money money money...............

Key Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It took a while to get called back. I submitted application online. Recruiter called back with interview and 4 rounds of separate interviews. Each leader was challenging and looking for particular areas of skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your skill set.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

Very difficult interview in my opinion on HireVue.

I applied online and got an email about a week later to take a coding challenge on HireVue. I didn't actually receive the link, so I followed up with a recruiter I found on LinkedIn a few days later and got the link.

They said the interview would be 5 general questions and 3 coding questions, but it actually was 14 questions -- some requiring video response and some requiring a short essay response -- with some behaviorals and the rest was Machine Learning and Statistical practices. It definitely caught me by surprise. The questions on ML and Stats seemed pretty general, but make sure you know the basic ML concepts and can explain them clearly with examples.

I'm still waiting to hear back, but not expecting to move on.

Interview Questions

• Can't list the questions, but there were a few standard behavioral questions and the rest were questions about Machine Learning and Stats concepts.   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM in March 2017.

Interview

About 8-10 questions. About 6 of them you're prompted with a question and your webcam records the response (general behavioral and technical questions). The last 3 are a whiteboard test where you choose a language of your choice (JavaScript, Python, or Ruby) and you develop the specified application in that language. Heads up: you are not able to log to the console or set breakpoints. Questions, data, and variables are quite vague too.

I was surprised with how technical the interview was for a front-end web developer internship. Zero regarding HTML and CSS. Very little regarding design concepts. Also, be familiar with object oriented JavaScript if you go that route. They record you the entire time, even while your coding. You can come back later between questions; although, their site does not state that.

Interview Questions

• Final technical test was about writing an object oriented JavaScript application.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initialy review, phone interview, f2f interview.
    The hiring process is very usual and common.

There is no specific difference from the conventional interviews apart from group discussions where genaral topics where discussed

Interview Questions

• Behavioural qns
      BA technical question   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was,campus pool interview. We had to wait right from the morning to evening to start the interview. The first round was a group discussion round. There were 15 members in each group. The only person selected from my grp was me. They selected only one person frm each grp. The second round was telephonic rnd. Communication skills were highly checked. Third round was also a telephonic rnd with hr manager. Technical questions based on n/w , ip address etc., were asked

Interview Questions

• Wat do u answer if u dont get connected to internet.
      Tell me about women empowerment.
      Why is education important.   1 Answer

Manager - Staffing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a grilling sessions of discussions for 1.5 hours each. There were 2 such rounds with seniors. It was worth it all. The sessions were combination of Job Role / Position / Salary.

Interview Questions

• 1. Assessment of capabilities.
      2. What was done / achieved