IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017
5,522 Interview Reviews

2.8

Interview

2 regular 30 minute interviews and 1 30 minute case interview. No site visit. Received offer a month later.

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable

Interview

it was on campus hiring. they recruited in bulk.one need to be good at aptitude for initial clearing of the screening. than a technical round followed by HR round.it was a lengthy interview . one need to be good at the projects completed and what was asked in the apptitude as well.

Interview Questions

• it is very difficult to answer the question one asked from the technical stuff.one need to be good and through in technical stuff.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Its a step by step process. First of all there will be an aptitude test that would cover your general IQ and a technical skill test. Based on performance in the two test the candidates are shortlisted for the next round. The next round would be a group interview wherein the candidates are divided into multiple groups and are asked to come up with a conclusion. Finally there would be a face to face interview. One would involve technical and the other would be HR based. For lateral hires there would be a face to face interview wherein their experiences become the basis of the interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not have a chance to negotiate since I was recruited from college and they said the salaries scales are fixed and not negotiable

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview was very enjoyable, conversation-like. My interviewer mainly asked questions about experiences on my resume, coursework, & career goals, nothing unexpected. Followed up with a few personality & IQ tests online.

Interview Questions

Interview

Test, Interview by peers, Interview by Client, Interview by People Manager

Negotiation

Negotiate as hard as you can. Your salary will stay static for 2-3 years after you are hired

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

- 2 rounds of interview . technical and management . There may be more interview based on project

Campaign Planner Interview

Interview

Was contacted via an agency to attend at interview.
    The first round was a face to face interview with my Manager in India.
    Second round was a telephonic interview from my manager in the UK.
    Then was the HR Round. Process took 2 months

Interview Questions

• How would you work when you main reporting manager works in the UK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 Months

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus, then onsite with 5 hiring managers individual. seems once get onsite, the offer is coming by default

Negotiation

ask for more salary, didn't get. get a bit more on allowance

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

Basic knowledge on profile. Emphasis on confidence and project executions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was pretty straight; cant negotiate much.

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

We were acquired. There was no interview process. For internal transfers it is all based on your certifications and on knowing the right person at the right time. Should you ever be hired by IBM, make sure you know as many people as possible and that they know who you are.