IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017
6,309 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got the online test, but its been almost two week, i haven't heard back from them yet. The online test included 3 coding problems and 5 video problems.
    Im still waiting for their feedback....

Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty casual not too bad but they did get me to answer a lot of easy questions and I am glad that it went the way that it did. Would do it again

Cognitive Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Online recording Interview
    5 Questions
    The whole process takes about 2-3 hours, The interview was not hard but talking to the screen on your own can make you feel awkward.
    The coding part cannot use numpy.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's the new technology you learn by yourself? describe the pros and cons
      2. Why are you a good fit in this position?
      3. Coding problem: given a M by N matrix and an integer k, if M by N matrix can be divided by the k by k square matrix. then return the sum of maximum value of each square matrix. otherwise return 0.
      4. Given a html file, find all the *.zip file contain in the html and store it into a list
      5. Given some sentences, represent those sentences in a vector space by instruction. measure the pairwise cosine similarity of those sentences.
      6. How do you approach the previous problem   Answer Question

PM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It's an on-campus interview: two 30 min interview back to back, all behavioral questions + resume experience. Typical questions like Why IBM, Why this position. Interviewers are very nice and supportive.

Cognitive Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Three 30 minute back to back interviews. Applied through on-campus recruiting portal and got an interview within a week or two. Two Behaviorial and one case interview. Pretty chill. Nothing you wouldn't expect and nothing out of the norm.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Overall it is easy. Basic alogo questions. Lower bar compared to the other big name IT companies

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview for the first round. I found the interviewer was both very helpful and really nice. The first round of interview is a screening interview so nothing too complicated. It lasted around thirty minutes, give or take.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Had me do an online video/code interview. Basically there were a list of questions that I would give a video response for and then some coding questions. The coding questions allow you to enter the code to a web based compiler.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about myself, what did I want to tell them about myself.   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

First round of interviews is a coding challenge by hirevue. Consists of about 5-6 questions you record and 3 coding questions. given 30 , 45, 45 minutes for each coding question respectively and they increase in difficulty. Coding questions were basically fizz buzz and searching through a sorted list. Took over 2 hours to complete the interview

Interview Questions

• how does your background make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Explain your approach to the last coding question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

After submitting an application the recruiter contacted me. I was then interviewed by a front end developer, and then by the person who would eventually become my manager. I was not given a design challenge due to this being an internship, but the people I spoke to were very helpful and even reached out to me to help me find lodging.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach and process to solve a design problem.   1 Answer

See What IBM Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “Company has an amazing portfolio and talented engineers. The company is rapidly simplifying its internal processes, roadmap and leadership. They definitely have the lead in AI, Hybrid &...”“Company has an amazing portfolio and talented engineers. The company is rapidly simplifying its internal processes, roadmap and leadership. They definitely have the lead in AI, Hybrid & Blockchain. Co-location was a good thing for culture and speed. Work life balance is good, and people are very respectful compared to most tech companies in the Bay Area. I think they're on the right path to turning the company around quickly!” – Full Review