IBM Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

145 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take it or leave it.

Interview

2 face to face interviews, One phone call

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been dismissed from a project? if "yes", why? If "no" does it signify that you do not push hard enough?   Answer Question

Interview

Was professional hire many many years ago. It was a 4 interview process at that time.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question is always the one about salary   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions

• Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

People with lower personal standards—let’s call them the “C students”--often do a bare minimum of interview preparation (preferring to use the “skim the website and wing it” interview approach). Because they were not thinking deeply about the interview, they failed to notice when they gave a bad or rambling answer. Underprepared people often ask superficial questions that would not be asked by someone better prepared. The “C student” gets ruled out in that moment, but fails to notice because the hiring manager will almost always answer their idiotic question politely. Consequently, the “C student” often walks out of an interview thinking they nailed it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with senior IBM resource manager by chance at a job fair in manhattan on a friday. After some causual and snappy discussion, he asked for my resume, which I had on me. It was crisp, well written, engaging and firmly planted the hook. He then directed me to some additional colleagues, who gave me an on the spot rapid fire 10 minute round robin interview, which concluded with scheduling a meeting and formal interview/vetting for the following monday.
    When I showed up on monday, they had all the offer letters, hiring forms and other paperwork ready and made me an offer. I worked for IBM for two years and then
    Left for a BBD on Wall street. To this day my decision to leave IBM was the most difficult one I have ever made in my professional career, and I would go back to IBM in a heartbeat.
    The point is, be prepared, and be prepared for anything, and be prepared to be decisive and confident on who you are, what you know, and what you don't. Smart, experienced, talented people can smell BS and indecisiveness mile away.

Interview Questions

• In your mind, What woud be the worst case scenario for you while working at IBM ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to wisecrack, but They made an offer I could not refuse. It was best and last, and it was a very good and fair offer.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

At least 5 round of interviews. Basic questions related to the job were asked. Interviewer asked solutions for some of their current problems. Interview was arranged with managers repenting each verticals where this role will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental to the subject, they asked solution for some of their current problems.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Newark, NJ).

Interview

One in-person interview with the client with the engagement manager present and an IBM project manager on the phone.

Interview Questions

• The client asking a question of me about agile management and the IBM project manager interrupting the client and telling the client that we do not do agile management.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.