IBM SAP Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM SAP Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Single 1:1 interview with manager of the SAP group. Most of conversation was his telling me about IBM and how it was no longer the blue suit, white shirt company

Interview Questions

• Focus was on previous background (was working in consulting company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by IBM"s internal HR personnel to discuss their current role opportunity. THe next step was to have a tech screen with their Distribrution Sector. I'm now awaiting word to see if I'm invited to a face 2 face interview in Philadelphia.

Interview Questions

• Can you please tell me about your past projects and what your role was?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

SAP FICO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

First Recruiter screen afte rthat Technical interview ove rthe phone lasted 60 minutes then Onsite 3 interviews ( 1 tech, 1 behavioral and the last one with the partner). 3 hours working session as a team. We spent almost whole for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing everything was pretty easy but you may need to give special attention to the Team activity and participate in the session   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what I asked

Senior Consultant, SAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Denver, CO) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with Managing Consultant in the OCM - SAP practice. Asked to attend interview day in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome challenges with an unwilling/unsupportive stakeholder?   1 Answer
    • How do you learn about your clients' go to market strategy?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview

Inside hire, made a call, and I was hired

SAP Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Charlotte, NC) in May 2008.

Interview

I applied for the position on IBM website. I was contacted by HR, they asked a series of questions. Why was I looking for a new position. We discussed the company and salary expectations. I received a second call from HR to set up an interview with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Phila, PA) in December 2007.

Interview

Day 1 - Arrived at PHL airport and was taken by Taxi into the city where we stayed at a hotel in city central. The night consisted of a banquet to welcome all potential employees and a meet a greet with the management. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal. Dress was business casual. Speaches were made by the head of the consulting groups who were approachable afterward for questions.

Day 2- Walked from hotel a few blocks over to the building where IBM was conducting the interviews. The conference room was bright and had a night view of the city.
    Breakfast buffet was served and there was about an hour or so to go over notes before the actual interviews started. There were 2 interviewers and times were done by time slot. Between the first and second I had 1/2 hour to prepare in which time I was able to relax and compare notes with others, and take a gander out the window.

The interviewers were friendly and personable, no ego or condescending tones. And I still keep in touch with 1 of the interviewers to this day. Typical questions were "Why do you want to work for IBM?" "Why would you be a good fit?" "Do you have issues with traveling?" "What do you like about IBM?"

Before the end of the second interview I was told that I would be receiving his recommendation.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for IBM?"   1 Answer
    • "Why would you be a good fit?"   1 Answer
    • "What do you like about IBM?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was done over the phone. Feel the market out for what you think is fair, just be aware that they will have already done the same.

SAP BW HANA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1. First round is technical, which took around 45 mins
    2. Second round is Techincal + managerical which took around 35 mins.
    3. HR discussion which took around 25 mins.
    4. Once salary discussion done, releasing offer letter.

Interview Questions

• 1. inventory flow in detail
      2. Logical relation between composite provider and ADSOs like Can we use Union after left outer join ?
      3. Left after join after inner join ?   1 Answer

Interview

face to face interview , they called to ibm location , work from home policy in very good and it has very nice , techicanl was good , and i got offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• technical and domain experience   1 Answer

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was through a consultant, they called for IBM and conducted telephonic from other location, they asked me about the issues I faced in the recent project and career achievements and the interview it went for 25-30 min.

Interview Questions

• Previous job roles and the challenging issues that I faced in the project   1 Answer

See What IBM Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros: “In addition to being a part of a global technology company that actually creates products and gets patents, IBM has many programs for employees to help families, working parents, and those...”“In addition to being a part of a global technology company that actually creates products and gets patents, IBM has many programs for employees to help families, working parents, and those that want to grow themselves. One that I recently participated in was the IBM Corporate Service Corps which is IBMs Corporate Service Responsibility initiative. After being accepted into the program, my team was deployed to India for one month to work with a non-profit to help farmers get their corps to market and get a fair price. This program sends IBMers all over the world to assist with global business problems. It's a perk for employees and another way in which IBM is helping the world.” – Full Review