IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,155 Interview Reviews

2.8

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional, concise, and friendly.
    The interview process was not a fishing expedition with awkward questions that many interviewers from other companies seem to relish. They also informed me of their decision in a timely manner rather than leaving me hang.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard interview practice, first is automated, second is with a developer, and third was a behavioral. They flew out candidates to a 2 day finish line event and made offers to 95% of the candidates. For those who didn't get offers, wasted two days listening to company baptizing.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Very brief and informal. When a hiring manager wants to hire you, everything is fast-tracked. The hiring manager went out of town and directed two guys to interview me. The first was a phone screen and the second was in-person. Both individuals were under the impression I was already hired.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

It had three rounds ,First was telephonic round and second was face to face full technical and third was HR it was great experience .They have asked mostly on my previous project role and technical questions. How large is the team and flexibility to extend and work

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you have faced in your project till now   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Entry level business analytics consultant (CbD): The process wasn't difficult. I went through university hire and there were 3 rounds. Of those rounds, they consisted of a case study type of answer and question, personality and behavioral (asked about resume, other questions, etc.). I ended up receiving an offer fairly soon and accepted it because the position seemed promising and challenging.

Strategy Consult Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY).

Interview

Two on campus interviews followed by three back to back on site interviews. The interviews covered a wide variety of styles and methods. I think interviewers were careful to portray different personalities to see how adaptable candidates are.

Interview Questions

• Several case questions about economic and business cases   1 Answer

Big Data Engineer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The Recruiter is very proactive. She reached out to me via LinkedIn. Set up Phone interview(s) with the manager under whom the opening was available. Very happy with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Oral theory questions on computer science fundamentals, programming fundamentals, or data bases. Seem to be designed for a fresh grads out of college. If you are a fresh grad, you are fresh with these concepts and will nail it. If you are experienced, then be sure to brush up basic fundamentals. Nothing about your work-experience   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of three 30-minute interviews - two behavioral and one case. The interviewers I had were polite and each session was a standard, run-of-the-mill job interview. The experience was long considering it took them over a month to get back, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

University Hire. Spoke with recruiter then was contacted by hiring manager. Had a quick chat with the hiring manager and went over resume. Got asked about previous internship. No technical questions were asked

Graphic Designer CBD Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews and it was in-person. There were three parts each one on one with a different interviewer. The first part was the design challenge. IBM submitted to me a fictional scenario of shoe customization company that was hoping to increase sales. I was tasked with designing a digital solution based on the user research they supplied. During this part of the interview, the interviewer challenged every aspect of my design proposal, and I had to explain my reasoning and thinking. The next part of the interview was my portfolio presentation. This was very casual and informal. In fact, I didn't even present all of my projects because the interviewer was asking me questioning and sharing ideas. Finally, there was the cultural interview. I was asked many questions about how I work with different people and respond to challenges. The interview was on a Friday, and I received a letter notifying me I didn't get the position the following Monday. From my initial application to the rejection letter, the whole process was about a month.