IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,030 Interview Reviews

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Tempe, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I was notified about a time sensitive online coding challenge two weeks later. The link to the challenge didn't arrive until the day before it was due. After the coding challenge, I was told I they would get back to me within a week. I didn't hear back from them for a month, which then I received contradictory messages congratulating me on making it to the final rounds of interview and informing me I had not been given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a successful teaming situation you have had   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in May 2017.

Interview

I first spoke with an HR representative, and then spoke to two people in the finance department. After I was screened by these two interviews I was interviewed by the Internship Coordinator from the office I was applying for.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM in May 2017.

Interview

Did several phone interviews and went into a panel interview. All is good with verbal assurance of offer as well as written assurance on LinkedIn and email. Offer never came. Interview process was nearly 3 months. Unreliable Recruiting poc and no communication from hiring manager. Really frustrated at the whole process. If you choose not to hire let me know instead of dragging the process over several months. I have asked repeatedly whether the offer is based on contract award. Was initially told it wasn't. But now no response. So I have basically given up.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick, very prompt with timings. Had a great interview with room to explain my views on the subject. Had 4 rounds and the difficulty level increased as the levels pass. HR and offer process was very slow. Took more than 2 weeks to even talk about numbers.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of this job and role?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had an online application and review process followed by a multiple phone interviews with HR and hiring manager. The interview process covered technical capabilities along with customer support capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and background   1 Answer

Summit Program Interview

Interview

Interview was more like a conversation. It flowed very easily the interviewer just asked questions in regards to personality. Asked frequently if I had any questions (they want you to have questions). Interview was an hour long

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Straight forward. Applied through my school, on campus interview. Found out 1 week later. The interviewers were very nice. You should be prepared to ask them a lot of questions or you will sit there in awkward silence. Case interview was a profit/loss case

Test Management Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

a. Recruiter contacted several times to schedule an interview and then just few minutes before the interview send email saying we found better candidate. I don't find it professional.
    b. Don't expect recruiter to email you after an interview (if you are not selected) . they even don't bother to response to your email. Sooooo unprofessional!

Secretary Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Mobile, AL).

Interview

I was trained on Office Systems while working for the Mayor of Prichard Alabama. Due to my experience I was originally hired as Exec Secretary to the Branch Office Manager. After 4 years of
    Secretarial, I went to a Chicago training center to become a Customer Engineer. The only female in my class and passed to become the only female Customer Engineer on my team. Worked 31 years and enjoyed my job and my customers. Never had a customer complaint

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Process took far too long, first was an online assessment then a recorded 20 min question and answer interview, passed both of those then a live video chat that I also did good on then never heard back.