IBM IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

263 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Specialist/Pre Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

1 on 1 Interview with the manager. Then I was asked to deliver a presentation to the manager and a few others on his team.
    They sent me some slides and told me not to focus on the appearance of the slides but more on delivering the message and my presentation skills. They asked me a few questions during the presentations to check how I handle questions, objections, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Had to interview with the mgr and 3 other people and they asked me alot of questions about my experience and how I would approach the job duties of this job role

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Recruited me straight out of college and paid for my relo. Had 3 separate rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• How can you program when you don't have a degree for it   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Campus recruiting was easy and fast

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation process in 2009

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview - one teleconference which lasted for an hour and covered topics based on past experience and approaches to simple problems, an email test that included several assignments evaluating technical and practice-oriented skills and competencies; the final round was again a teleconference that lasted for 30 minutes with focus on preferred location, date of onboarding and other minor formalities.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable moving to England or Japan a few weeks later?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, gets more technical in the end. There were two people talking, while one of them was probably managing the other. Post interview there is an aptitude test that was pretty difficult and split into 3 different parts- all relating to different problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• If you were leading a team and they came up to you and said there was no way to make the deadline you had set. How do you approach your client?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2014.

Interview

Interview was about 45 minutes over the phone with a manager, team leader, an HR member, as well as team member. Basic questions pertaining to role and my experience. Received offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Introduce myself and say when and how I used certain technologies listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received what I asked for, which was the average that I found on glass door and heard from other associates.

IT Specialist (Long Term Supplemental) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boulder, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

I've applied online in November, about 3 weeks later i received an email from the my manager to let her know my availability for the interview. Then i didn't heard anything until about mid December when I received another email form my manager for a phone interview. Interview lasted about 25 mins but it was not difficult, it was based mostly in my resume. After that interview, I received the offer on Jan 1

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Based on resume. Not that technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate, it was a fixed salary for that position. There was no relocation package offered.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting and got the interview.

Was a super day 3 back to back interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 skills placement, and 1 case study.

Got called the next day for a verbal offer and then received a written a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you get "old-school" management to jump on board a new idea you might have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

didn't negotiate as they were the best offer I got.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 Behavioral Interviews 1 Case. 2 of the interviewers were unqualified and unprofessional. Typical interview questions.